Ski Areas Still Open Spring 2013 - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    No Encore at St-Sauveur – Eastern Closing Thread 2012-13 Part 8
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2013/...2012-13-part8/

The title says it all...I still think that MSS is throwing in the towel to easy after skiing there on Sunday. I've seen worst conditions for last weekends of them than 4-10 feet base. Yeah it's been pouring, but...
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography

Yeah, I manage to ski Crystal on their last day last season...on July 1. It was a blast...still need to write something up.
    Ski Mad World

Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    No Encore at St-Sauveur – Eastern Closing Thread 2012-13 Part 8
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2013/...2012-13-part8/

The title says it all...I still think that MSS is throwing in the towel to easy after skiing there on Sunday. I've seen worst conditions for last weekends of them than 4-10 feet base. Yeah it's been pouring, but...
    It's been mentioned elsewhere...but this is the thread so...

Last call for Killington. The blog post has been updated (see link above). Free skiing on Sat-Sun with walking required.
    Ski Mad World

Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    It's been mentioned elsewhere...but this is the thread so...

Last call for Killington. The blog post has been updated (see link above). Free skiing on Sat-Sun with walking required.
    Okay here is my last post of the Eastern Closing Thread.

Thoughts on the end of season, Eastern liftserved and beyond (ie. Not East or not liftserved).

Some geeky analysis on previous dates and stuff. Some of you might be interested.

It’s a Wrap and the Storm – Eastern Closing Thread 2012-13- Part Last
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2013/...-13-part-last/

Kudos for Killington. They really earned it, they (in recent years) or any other ski areas wouldn't have spun the lifts in the shape that Superstar was this weekend. If it would have been with the normal standards, both MSS and K would have closed for the season the previous season.

Congrats to K. That being said, the ski season isn't over, you just have to be hungrier to get some turns now.
    Ski Mad World

At 5:30 on Sunday I went to the webcam and watched folks making their last lift served turns. I was envious.

How pathetic am I?

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    At 5:30 on Sunday I went to the webcam and watched folks making their last lift served turns. I was envious.

How pathetic am I?
    Not pathetic at all! We get it! The fact that we are posting on a forum for skiing and snowboarding on a day that is going to hit 90+ says it all - we miss WINTER!

It has been a great season - Started November 17th 2012 @ Killington and ended it on May 5th 2013 with 39 days of turns (new personal best)! Already looking forward to next year!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information