• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where Should I ski Saturday?

Where should I ski Saturday?

• Gunstock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cannon

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Ragged

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Sunapee

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xwhaler

Conditions at Cannon today were ridiculously good. Everyone I encountered just had a s**t-eating grin all day long.
Perfect, good to hear! I will be at Cannon on Saturday...thanks everyone for the advice and beta.

Bumpsis

I just came back from Sunapee and I must say that outside the few powder days that I was lucky to get this year, today was the absolute PERFECT spring ski day. The cover is fabulous and once it softened up (I arrived at mid day when it was already great), skiing was superb.
I was going to go to Cannon but opted for Sunapee.

I do like Cannon a lot, but what is annoying about that moutian is that the terrain served by its longest chair lift (Peabody) is mostly beginner/ easy intermediate, at best. Not very exciting.
Of course, you can always cross from Peabody to Zoomer, but then you're just skiing something like 1/4 of the mountian. Lapping Zoomer, despite the fact that it serves the most interesting terrain, gets really boring quickly.

So, unless you commit to riding Peabody and then the Cannonball to get a long, full mountain ride, you're either stuck sking super easy terrain (off Peabody) or you have to ski rather short slopes by lapping Cannonball, or Zoomer. It always leaves me feeling I want more to really feel satistfied. I do like taking the tram and thus getting the whole mountian ride, but alas, the tram is done for the season.

At Sunapee, you can ski the the full mountain (vertical) off the Express ( the main detachable quad). Granted, the terrain there is fairly easy as well, but at least you get a decent distance cruisng every time you get to the top, and if you keep you speed throughout the run, it can be quite fun.

Edd

Friend took this pic at Gunstock today. Holding up quite well.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365128596.502604.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365128596.502604.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 38

xlr8r

I'll be at Cannon on Sat. I also went to Bodefest 2 years ago, 2011, and while there was a good amount of people, I would not call it crowded. Skiing was ridiculous that day, as Mittersill was still open even in April.