• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Snow This Week

Puck it

NOAA is showing snow in the forecast for Cannon at elevation from Thursday tthru the weekend. Winn's site is calling for 4 to 7" Thurs. night but light rain on rain. Could be a good closing weekend.

4aprice

ECMWF showing a good whack for the north country between now and the 19th. Heard in a couple of days it could be 85 in DC and snowing in NNE:-o That's one hell of a gradient.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
This is beautiful.
I think it is terrible. Another spring skiing weekend in the scraper. We've yet to have an A+ spring skiing weekend in NNE. This will be nice for sure, but ski areas are going to close regardless. We might as well get some good spring skiing before they do. I'm down for a powder day if it stays cold enough for all snow no mixing. We'll see. Personally, if it isn't going to be a foot plus, I'd rather be skiing in a tshirt in spring corn at 50 degrees.

KevinF

I think it is terrible. Another spring skiing weekend in the scraper. We've yet to have an A+ spring skiing weekend in NNE. This will be nice for sure, but ski areas are going to close regardless. We might as well get some good spring skiing before they do. I'm down for a powder day if it stays cold enough for all snow no mixing. We'll see. Personally, if it isn't going to be a foot plus, I'd rather be skiing in a tshirt in spring corn at 50 degrees.

This. Unless it snows, and a lot of wet, heavy stuff, you're just going to be skiing on frozen up crap underneath.

deadheadskier

Staff member

+1

probably my fault. Snow tires are scheduled to come off my car this afternoon.......and I'll be skiing Sugarbush on Sunday. I'm fully expecting a long slushy commute now. :lol:

xwhaler

As much as I love snow and cold temps by the time we get to April I'm tired of it and want to enjoy some final spring turns. I had planned to ski Cannon last Saturday but it was very cold and windy so I bagged it.
I'm holding out hope that this Saturday the temps get a bit higher than forecasted. If so I'll likely hit either Sunapee or Cannon. Sunapee could be better for snow softening with their more southern exposure and being a bit further south.

Kind of funny my best/only spring ski day of the season was March 10 at Magic.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com

As someone like yourself with the ability to earn your turns, isn't this kind of a non sequitur?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
As someone like yourself with the ability to earn your turns, isn't this kind of a non sequitur?
"Ability to earn turns" Huh? Everyone has the ability to earn turns. You don't need skins to earn turns. As you can see in my signature, I greatly favor lift serviced. Much as I love skinning and enjoying a run or two, hard to beat spring corn bumps all day via a lift. I'll get my spring corn the hard way eventually, but that doesn't mean I am not dissatisfied with the current state of 2013 spring skiing via lifts.

skiking4

It's not that hard guys. Just go south if u want spring skiing so bad, south vt has been fab