• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smuggs Sunday 03/14/2013

Huck_It_Baby

I emailed Steve to say I might be up for Stowe this weekend. I'm not sure if he's into it or not...!

I'm thinking about Stowe for this coming weekend. I have a voucher and they are a strong candidate since they are closing this weekend IIRC. But if conditions are fab, I might go for a hike/climb instead. We'll see how things look later this week.

Let me know guys. I'll be up there.

Currently winds are looking calmer on Sunday.

Savemeasammy

I've got the green light to head north on Sunday (don't think Saturday is an option for me...). RC is still up in the air on his destination...!

Savemeasammy

I'm also considering Jay for Sunday. I have a 2 for 1 voucher that I'd like to put to use.

Huck_It_Baby

I've got the green light to head north on Sunday (don't think Saturday is an option for me...). RC is still up in the air on his destination...!

I'm also considering Jay for Sunday. I have a 2 for 1 voucher that I'd like to put to use.

Sunday looks like the nicer day for sure. Jay is awesome in the spring (and anytime) but Mansfield is calling my name.

Huck_It_Baby

Are you going to spend most of your day hiking to the top, or just a few runs?

If I buy a lift ticket I'll probably ski the resort all morning and then hike up to the chin late AM or early PM. It partly depends on snow conditions. It's supposed to be cold up there Saturday night so Sunday morning could be pretty firm/icey. Hopefully the sun comes out and softens things up by lunch time.

With the gondola closed it takes longer to get up and over to the chin. It makes it a little harder to make top to bottom laps.