• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak April 13-14

BigJay

Next lift improvements:

- Hi-speed quad from the mixing bowl to the top.
- Hi-speed quad in Pomal Line

Got to get back to the original lines... they were the best after all!

---

Bonnie runs most of the time when the wind is blowing. Mostly the Freezer and tram are affected by wind. Only the very top part of the Bonnie is wind prone.

Maybe JPR realized that they were running out of $$ for mountain expension... and prefer sticking lifts on the expension area in Ullr's bowl while it's being thinned out for free... and that the Bonnie still has a good 20 years ahead of itself... why change a good working chair with something new... this is VT after all: If it ain't broke!

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I'd be very surprised that after spending huge $$$ on a new more skier oriented lodge/hotel on that side of the Mtn, that they didn't have a High Speed lift to to go with it.

Although, to keep this discussion relevant to Conrad's report, maybe one of these new lifts can be Sauna gondolas (airborne hot tubs would be hard to pull off).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42_7b1gv92Y

Last edited:

BigJay

Although, to keep this discussion relevant to Conrad's report, maybe one of these new lifts can be Sauna gondolas (airborne hot tubs would be hard to pull off).

Hmmmm.... yeah, that would completely fit the new NEK demographics that Jay is pulling in for. As the new hotel will have more of a "dorm" feeling, the steamy college students will be now able to enjoy late night saunas to the top of Can-Am... On top of the freshly groomed trail, they'll be given a tube and a 40. The rest is all up to them! Rooms will be co-ed.

The new lodge will be annexed to Canada... so the legal drinking age will be lowered to 18 y.o. to better fit the "user experience" and the loose vibe associated with N. VT living.

Edd

Hmmmm.... yeah, that would completely fit the new NEK demographics that Jay is pulling in for. As the new hotel will have more of a "dorm" feeling, the steamy college students will be now able to enjoy late night saunas to the top of Can-Am... On top of the freshly groomed trail, they'll be given a tube and a 40. The rest is all up to them! Rooms will be co-ed.

The new lodge will be annexed to Canada... so the legal drinking age will be lowered to 18 y.o. to better fit the "user experience" and the loose vibe associated with N. VT living.

Someone has read this and said "Hmmmm..."

ScottySkis

I'd be very surprised that after spending huge $$$ on a new more skier oriented lodge/hotel on that side of the Mtn, that they didn't have a High Speed lift to to go with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42_7b1gv92Y

Maybe it can come with prostitutes to.

JFP

So if they decided to just shorten the lift all of the sudden, that would be very surprising and may invalidate their permits starting them over at square one just when deconstruction-construction is just starting.

The insinuation in the rumor-discussion was moving the terminus upslope- i.e. adding two towers at the top then the bullwheel (i.e. two towers beyond where it ends now).. presumably closer to where the 6 pack would have gone.. Does this make any (more) sense? Again, not sure the veracity. Thanks for providing all the graphics!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
The insinuation in the rumor-discussion was moving the terminus upslope- i.e. adding two towers at the top then the bullwheel (i.e. two towers beyond where it ends now).. presumably closer to where the 6 pack would have gone.. Does this make any (more) sense? Again, not sure the veracity. Thanks for providing all the graphics!
Makes no sense at all. Everything we know at this point indicates that the six pack is a done deal. The Bonnie has already had its drive removed based on pictures I saw on FB today. The only thing I could imagine happening is the drive being moved further uphill to make room for the hotel and keeping everything else the same and then using the Bonnie as a back up, especially on windy days that takes out the six. There was rumor the Bonnie would replace the Jet but I've still yet to see anything I'd consider even close to an official word on that. I'd assume they would need permits if they were going to do any relocation of the Bonnie, doesn't seem like anything is on file.

fbrissette

Makes no sense at all. Everything we know at this point indicates that the six pack is a done deal. The Bonnie has already had its drive removed based on pictures I saw on FB today. The only thing I could imagine happening is the drive being moved further uphill to make room for the hotel and keeping everything else the same and then using the Bonnie as a back up, especially on windy days that takes out the six. There was rumor the Bonnie would replace the Jet but I've still yet to see anything I'd consider even close to an official word on that. I'd assume they would need permits if they were going to do any relocation of the Bonnie, doesn't seem like anything is on file.

Even though it appears to not make sense, serious rumours about the 6 pack not happening this year are floating around. I specifically asked Steve about this in the 'conceptual plan' thread and he did not address the question. There are a few hypothesis about why it would be delayed, but one thing is sure, we'll know soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AlpineZone mobile app

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Oh man, that would be the ultimate cart horse expansion failure... having to reinstall a lift slated for removal because the new lift wasn't a done deal yet because you can't not do it because the hotel is a done deal. That would be crazy.

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
Oh man, that would be the ultimate cart horse expansion failure... having to reinstall a lift slated for removal because the new lift wasn't a done deal yet because you can't not do it because the hotel is a done deal. That would be crazy.

Yes, and it seems like it is possible. Why hasn't there been an official announcement of the six pack yet?

BigJay

Stuff i've heard comes from way up the food chain.

fbrissette

Stuff i've heard comes from way up the food chain.

Never really understood the need for the 6-pack anyway. As mentioned in your previous post, money would be better spent on a new lift in the Ull'r bowl or in the West Bowl. I am not sure if they really want to scrap the 6-pack or simply delay it's construction. If it's the latter, there is something really wrong with their planning as they wasted good money in setting up the power cable last summer.