Jay Peak April 13-14 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Next lift improvements:

- Hi-speed quad from the mixing bowl to the top.
    - Hi-speed quad in Pomal Line

Got to get back to the original lines... they were the best after all!

---

Bonnie runs most of the time when the wind is blowing. Mostly the Freezer and tram are affected by wind. Only the very top part of the Bonnie is wind prone.

Maybe JPR realized that they were running out of $$ for mountain expension... and prefer sticking lifts on the expension area in Ullr's bowl while it's being thinned out for free... and that the Bonnie still has a good 20 years ahead of itself... why change a good working chair with something new... this is VT after all: If it ain't broke!

I'd be very surprised that after spending huge $$$ on a new more skier oriented lodge/hotel on that side of the Mtn, that they didn't have a High Speed lift to to go with it.

Although, to keep this discussion relevant to Conrad's report, maybe one of these new lifts can be Sauna gondolas (airborne hot tubs would be hard to pull off).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42_7b1gv92Y
    Last edited by from_the_NEK; Apr 15, 2013 at 2:43 PM.
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by from_the_NEK View Post
    Although, to keep this discussion relevant to Conrad's report, maybe one of these new lifts can be Sauna gondolas (airborne hot tubs would be hard to pull off).
    Hmmmm.... yeah, that would completely fit the new NEK demographics that Jay is pulling in for. As the new hotel will have more of a "dorm" feeling, the steamy college students will be now able to enjoy late night saunas to the top of Can-Am... On top of the freshly groomed trail, they'll be given a tube and a 40. The rest is all up to them! Rooms will be co-ed.

The new lodge will be annexed to Canada... so the legal drinking age will be lowered to 18 y.o. to better fit the "user experience" and the loose vibe associated with N. VT living.

Love the FTN maps and graphics.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Hmmmm.... yeah, that would completely fit the new NEK demographics that Jay is pulling in for. As the new hotel will have more of a "dorm" feeling, the steamy college students will be now able to enjoy late night saunas to the top of Can-Am... On top of the freshly groomed trail, they'll be given a tube and a 40. The rest is all up to them! Rooms will be co-ed.

The new lodge will be annexed to Canada... so the legal drinking age will be lowered to 18 y.o. to better fit the "user experience" and the loose vibe associated with N. VT living.
    Someone has read this and said "Hmmmm..."

Kind of sounds like the old Hotel Jay. No?
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Kind of sounds like the old Hotel Jay. No?
    I guess that is how you bring change... without changing the important stuff that matters.

I'd be very surprised that after spending huge $$$ on a new more skier oriented lodge/hotel on that side of the Mtn, that they didn't have a High Speed lift to to go with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42_7b1gv92Y
    Maybe it can come with prostitutes to.

So if they decided to just shorten the lift all of the sudden, that would be very surprising and may invalidate their permits starting them over at square one just when deconstruction-construction is just starting.

The insinuation in the rumor-discussion was moving the terminus upslope- i.e. adding two towers at the top then the bullwheel (i.e. two towers beyond where it ends now).. presumably closer to where the 6 pack would have gone.. Does this make any (more) sense? Again, not sure the veracity. Thanks for providing all the graphics!

Quote Originally Posted by JFP View Post
    The insinuation in the rumor-discussion was moving the terminus upslope- i.e. adding two towers at the top then the bullwheel (i.e. two towers beyond where it ends now).. presumably closer to where the 6 pack would have gone.. Does this make any (more) sense? Again, not sure the veracity. Thanks for providing all the graphics!
    Makes no sense at all. Everything we know at this point indicates that the six pack is a done deal. The Bonnie has already had its drive removed based on pictures I saw on FB today. The only thing I could imagine happening is the drive being moved further uphill to make room for the hotel and keeping everything else the same and then using the Bonnie as a back up, especially on windy days that takes out the six. There was rumor the Bonnie would replace the Jet but I've still yet to see anything I'd consider even close to an official word on that. I'd assume they would need permits if they were going to do any relocation of the Bonnie, doesn't seem like anything is on file.

-Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Thread Information