Jay Peak April 13-14 - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    Makes no sense at all. Everything we know at this point indicates that the six pack is a done deal. The Bonnie has already had its drive removed based on pictures I saw on FB today. The only thing I could imagine happening is the drive being moved further uphill to make room for the hotel and keeping everything else the same and then using the Bonnie as a back up, especially on windy days that takes out the six. There was rumor the Bonnie would replace the Jet but I've still yet to see anything I'd consider even close to an official word on that. I'd assume they would need permits if they were going to do any relocation of the Bonnie, doesn't seem like anything is on file.
    Even though it appears to not make sense, serious rumours about the 6 pack not happening this year are floating around. I specifically asked Steve about this in the 'conceptual plan' thread and he did not address the question. There are a few hypothesis about why it would be delayed, but one thing is sure, we'll know soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AlpineZone mobile app

Oh man, that would be the ultimate cart horse expansion failure... having to reinstall a lift slated for removal because the new lift wasn't a done deal yet because you can't not do it because the hotel is a done deal. That would be crazy.

-Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Oh man, that would be the ultimate cart horse expansion failure... having to reinstall a lift slated for removal because the new lift wasn't a done deal yet because you can't not do it because the hotel is a done deal. That would be crazy.
    Yes, and it seems like it is possible. Why hasn't there been an official announcement of the six pack yet?
    2013-2014 Season
    Mt. Abram 4/4
    Sunday River: 12/26, 1/4, 1/5, 2/15, 4/4
    Wildcat: 4/1
    Sugarloaf: 3/1, 3/16
    Titcomb: 3/15
    Black Mountain NH: 1/13

"A Maine Ski Lift Enthusiast" page
    2012-2013 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Yes, and it seems like it is possible. Why hasn't there been an official announcement of the six pack yet?
    Maybe Jay is taking a page from the Burke play book and treating it like Fight Club.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Stuff i've heard comes from way up the food chain.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Stuff i've heard comes from way up the food chain.
    Never really understood the need for the 6-pack anyway. As mentioned in your previous post, money would be better spent on a new lift in the Ull'r bowl or in the West Bowl. I am not sure if they really want to scrap the 6-pack or simply delay it's construction. If it's the latter, there is something really wrong with their planning as they wasted good money in setting up the power cable last summer.

Thread Information