• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Explosions at Boston Marathon

wa-loaf

And it appears CNN is wrong in their efforts the be the "first" to report something.

Boston Globe was saying the same thing, but they all look foolish. Hope this didn't screw up the actual arrest and cause the guy to run. Though if he is sticking around, that's pretty dumb.

wa-loaf

Federal Courthouse now being evacuated:
Meanwhile, the city’s federal courthouse, where a large contingent of media had gathered in anticipation of an appearance by the suspect, has been evacuated this afternoon. Hundreds of people are outside. A caravan of large law enforcement vehicles just pulled up. People are being pushed a block back from the courthouse. US Coast Guard and Boston police boats are also stationed in the waters outside the courthouse.

dmc

It seems many of you were wrong in the attempt to be the first to post too...

deadheadskier

Staff member

:lol:

good point!

Tough to blame anyone really. Obviously, everyone is chomping at the bit for the crime to be solved. Let's hope it's real soon. The only similar event in the US I can think of would be the 1996 Olympic Bombings and that perp wasn't caught until 2003.

Puck it

Local station cvb is still standing an arrest. It was just on 5pm news.

5pm news conference has been delayed with no new time. That is interesting.

ScottySkis

Local station cvb is still standing an arrest. It was just on 5pm news.

5pm news conference has been delayed with no new time. That is interesting.
Maybe they don't want public to know, hey they might not want suspects helpers to know also.

dmc

:lol:

good point!

Tough to blame anyone really. Obviously, everyone is chomping at the bit for the crime to be solved. Let's hope it's real soon. The only similar event in the US I can think of would be the 1996 Olympic Bombings and that perp wasn't caught until 2003.

Soon come...

JimG.

Staff member
You know I've now seen the sequence of events from every possible angle and viewpoint. I don't think there could be more cameras at a football game taping plays from every angle for replay and analysis.

And it strikes me that these sub-humans deliberately chose the finish line for the very reason that they knew they would get max coverage. I don't think they even care they were surely caught on tape...they're thumbing their noses at the authorities. They want to make it clear that nothing can stop them.

Bastards!

thetrailboss

Staff member
You know I've now seen the sequence of events from every possible angle and viewpoint. I don't think there could be more cameras at a football game taping plays from every angle for replay and analysis.

And it strikes me that these sub-humans deliberately chose the finish line for the very reason that they knew they would get max coverage. I don't think they even care they were surely caught on tape...they're thumbing their noses at the authorities. They want to make it clear that nothing can stop them.

Bastards!

+1. I would not be surprised if these guy(s) committed suicide shortly after....

wa-loaf

screen%20shot%202013-04-17%20at%204.18.28%20pm.jpg

Warp Daddy

One sad fact remains : Where in hell was the JOURNALISM ???? Where was the fact checking and corroborating accounts from more than a single source . ALTHO I DETEST THE PHRASE :the LAMESTREAM. Media is deservingof that appellation . Pull it together , demonstrate journalistic STANDARDS. Not acting like you are trying to out do Howard Stern or any of the other natering class who has a lust to be FIRST .
Cmon journalists act like professionals Just sayin

o3jeff

i think those days are gone. Now it seems like:

Be First and if you are wrong then deflect and if your REALLY WRONG apologize later.
In the article about someone being arrested CNN even said "CNN is the first to report".

Seems the local news station are big on the first to report things even if they have no information on what they are being first to report.