• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Explosions at Boston Marathon

kickstand

This has been going on within blocks of my house all night. No sleep after a good spring day at Killington yesterday.

Scary stuff. Be safe....

I grew up in Waltham and went to school in Watertown for a few years. The Arsenal Mall was our mall of choice. I still have TONS of friends and family all thru those areas. This is hitting way too close to home for me.

octopus

I'm in Watertown. Hoping they find him soon, very strange being on lockdown

o3jeff

Received a recorded phone call on our Boston office phone number from the city of Boston basically telling us to stay home and stay inside.

JimG.

Staff member
Please be careful Bostonians. I'm impressed with the Boston police force. They've hunted these criminals down and they've already given one of them their just reward. Here's to hoping they do the same to the second one before anyone else gets hurt or killed.

ctenidae

Please be careful Bostonians. I'm impressed with the Boston police force. They've hunted these criminals down and they've already given one of them their just reward. Here's to hoping they do the same to the second one before anyone else gets hurt or killed.

Just rewards, but not until they've had a chance to give him a good talking to to figure out who else and why. Al Qaeda is certainly active in Chechnya, but I'd like confirmation on the particular brand of lunacy involved here. I mean, are we being punished for being infidel scum, or for supporting Putin?

legalskier

I'm hoping they take him alive, so he'll have to face his surviving victims.

ctenidae

I'm hearing that the streets are completely empty in Boston, which has got to be pretty weird.

Makes me think of Farenheit 451 when the fireman guy is running away and they tell people to stand ontheir porches and spot him.

dmw

SWAT team on my street with machine guns aimed.

thetrailboss

Staff member
If the media is correct unfortunately MIT officers shot last night, Boston subway shut down now, one suspect dead and one on the louse. Please don't use mass transit in Boston area today they are saying other suspect on the run, hope this ends quickly with no one else getting hurt.
Also the police think he probably has bombs and guns on him the suspect so please please be careful if your in Boston area today.

so the MIT thing was related?

thetrailboss

Staff member
large-1.jpg

Special hat with all proceeds going to the fund for the victims of the bombing. I just ordered mine.

https://www.47brand.com/shop/mlb/bo...d-sox-b-strong-47-brand-cap/product/5546.aspx

Went to order another one and they sold out. Real fast I bet!

drjeff

so the MIT thing was related?

Yup, both brothers apparently shot and killed the 26 y.o. MIT police officer, then car jacked an SUV, eventually let the driver out at a 7-11, who alerted 911 and then there were reports of a high speed chace through Cambridge and Watertown when the brothers tried to flee, a shoot out apparently ensued where one brother was shot multiple times (and conflicting reports that he might of also set off a bomb that he was carrying) and he was pronouced dead shortly thereafter. The second brother fled, and is still the subject of the massive manhunt right now.

It's like an episode of 24 practically