Explosions at Boston Marathon - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    just heard they let the Saudi national go...

I think that middle eastern parents should teach their kids to not run from bomb blasts like a couple of my friends that are black were taught not to run near a bank..

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    Do you consider yourself a suspect or just a person of interest?
    Just an interesting person
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7,14,15,21,26,27,28,29,30 (Mount Snow) 16 (Mount Southington) 22 (Okemo) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 1,4,5,11,12,18,19,20,25,26 (Mount Snow) 6,13,23 (Mount Southington)

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    #38 and #52 are NOT for the sqeemish
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    The one of the female EMS checking for a pulse on the girl. That hits home. I hope they get the bastard or bastards and make it swift.
    Based on the picture of the newly released ID of the 2nd victim, a 29 yr old female, pretty sure that that the EMS person in picture #52 wasn't feeling a pulse Awful, awful stuff
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7,14,15,21,26,27,28,29,30 (Mount Snow) 16 (Mount Southington) 22 (Okemo) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 1,4,5,11,12,18,19,20,25,26 (Mount Snow) 6,13,23 (Mount Southington)

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Based on the picture of the newly released ID of the 2nd victim, a 29 yr old female, pretty sure that that the EMS person in picture #52 wasn't feeling a pulse Awful, awful stuff
    That picture is gone now. And by looking at the pic they just put up of the girl I think you are right.

krystle-campbell23.jpg
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    That picture is gone now. And by looking at the pic they just put up of the girl I think you are right.

krystle-campbell23.jpg

Beautiful....
    When i think of the classic girl from Boston.. She's what I think of...

RIP... Love and light!

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post

krystle-campbell23.jpg
    Could be. The girl i thought was a blond in the pic.

Edit Another pic before the EMS arrived is still up though. I think it is her now.
    Last edited by Puck it; Apr 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

The Boston Globe is reporting that they've found the circuit board for one of the pressure cooker bombs. In reading up on them and the history of who has ever built them, my speculation on who did it is starting to shift from lunatic US citizen to someone influenced by al-Qaeda.

Instructions to make bombs out of pressure cookers similar to those believed the source of two explosions in Boston on Monday were published two years ago in Inspire, an online magazine tied to al-Qaeda and the late U.S.-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, an analysis of the magazine shows. The article, "How to Make a Bomb in the Kitchen of Your Mom," by "the AQ Chef" instructed would-be bombers to glue shrapnel to the inside of a pressure cooker and then "fill in the cooker with the inflammable material."
    Would-be bombers, the article said, should use gloves to prevent their fingerprints from being found on the bomb fragments and to "put you [sic] faith in Allah and pray for the success of your operation."
    The summer 2010 issue of Inspire featured several articles on what it called "the open-source Jihad," which instructed readers on how to make their own

Just now able to say something here. I have lost faith in humanity. I don't mean the kind souls who stopped what they were doing to help these poor people. Who could be so cowardly as to design a bomb to maim people at a marathon?

I have some theories, all full of politics. I don't believe these are Islamic fundamentalists. Nobody is beating their chest taking credit for this. These demons are homegrown. This was done for effect, to change the attention of the American public. I hope they catch these bastards and torture the truth out of them. And if there are others involved, I would torture them too.

Better stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    Ok, everyone be honest. You might not be sure, but you're gut tells you Muslims are responsible for this. Right?
    No. This is not logical thinking. Think of all the white non-muslims that have committed acts of domestic terror. Oklahoma City, Unabomber, Anthrax, school shootings, etc. I hope you are not involved with law enforcement with that attitude. By defaulting to a certain religion, you've already ruled out the most likely suspects based on number of attacks actually carried out. Given the anniversary's associated with yesterday's date, I suspect those investigating are giving strong suspicion to domestic terrorism not fueled by religion (which is irrelevant any ways... Christians have committed a huge amount of domestic terrorism and many by twisting their own religion to justify their ends).

Just for the record, I am NOT saying that this is what I think is the case. I am just disputing the knee jerk reaction to foreign terrorist who happens to be of a Muslim faith as an automatic prime suspect. Might turn out that is the case, might not. But that isn't a good place to start an investigation nor should we assume. Either way, for that matter.

-Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Who could be so cowardly as to design a bomb to maim people at a marathon?
    You know, there was something that wasn't adding up for me, and that was the apparent low placement of the bombs- higher up would have caused more deaths, I think. But, doing it at ground level targets the legs, with obvious connections to marathons.

That's a level of cleverness that I would not ascribe to your standard Islamic fundamentalist terrorist. Makes me think all the more it's a lunatic of the home grown variety. Coupled with the no claims of responsibility yet, and local makes more sense than imported terror.

Who got bullied by the track team?
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Thread Information