• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Puck it

Wierd happened yesterday Copley Mall. Wife and daughter were down shopping and there was an evacuation notice and then cancelled after a few minutes. Just curious.

Puck it

There is no way of stopping something like this at an event like this. Unless you have a checkpoint but that just moves things farther away. That is why it is terrorism. This could happen at anyl large sporting event or concert. Bags are checked prior entering the event, but the gates there are a lot of people being funneled thru a tight spot and there are garbage cans to drop off things that not allowed in. I just see no way to spot this unless there is prior intel.

Another tragedy that could go along with the bombing is the Marathon itself. It will be forever changed.

Patriots day will no longer be a celebration of the Marathon and the state of Massachusetts, it will be a day of mourning for the victims of the blast

legalskier

If they catch the folks responsible, hang them by their balls for the world to see. This is ridiculous

"Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned. Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital. Fox News reported that the suspect suffered severe burns."
www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

wa-loaf

"Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned. Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital. Fox News reported that the suspect suffered severe burns."
www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

NYPost is crap. Boston Police just had a press conference and went out of their way to say they don't have a suspect at any hospital.

wa-loaf

I don't really want to jump to any conclusions, but this feels more like a domestic (Oklahoma bombing) type thing.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Best to assume everything said in the next 24 hours is simply rumor. Until official word is given. And even then, that must be taken as very tentative. Goodness knows how many times even the best media sources get their first reports wrong on major events. Everyone should be questioning everything they read and not taking it for fact unless it has been extensively corroborated by multiple sources.

C-Rex

Ok, everyone be honest. You might not be sure, but you're gut tells you Muslims are responsible for this. Right?

dmc

Ok, everyone be honest. You might not be sure, but you're gut tells you Muslims are responsible for this. Right?

I will not blame a religion... I have great friends that are Muslim that are just as appalled as all of us...
Many people thought the OK CIty combings were from Islamic Extremists when it first happened...

I will reserve my judgement until the perpetrator is found and revealed.. I will not implicate anyone based upon religion..

ScottySkis

I will not blame a religion... I have great friends that are Muslim that are just as appalled as all of us...
Many people thought the OK CIty combings were from Islamic Extremists when it first happened...

I will reserve my judgement until the perpetrator is found and revealed.. I will not implicate anyone based upon religion..
+1 Unfortunately their are many possible home ground and international terrorism who always try this stuff.