• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Brighton, 12/20/06

thebigo

Date(s) Skied: December 20, 2006

Resort or Ski Area: Brighton

Conditions: packed powder, crud, powder

Trip Report: Last night I was deciding between brighton and solitude for today when I stumbled on a Four for One ticket deal at brighton today. Im nobody to fight with a $11.75 ticket especially on a bluebird day with temps in the mid twenties.

This was my first trip to Brighton and I was flying solo so I tried to cover every corner of the mountain. The place could be divided into four general areas: Great Western, Snake Creek, Crest, Millicent.

Great Western: I really enjoyed the drop off right after the lift. The snow was choppy and the terrain steep but it was a perfect combination. Towards the bottom the trees were perfectly spaced and I found plenty of untracked powder from sundays storm.

Snake Creek: Another drop off similar to great western right after the lift. Less steep but the snow had held up better. Same deal with the trees, perfectly spaced and three day old untracked powder.

Crest Express: Only took a couple runs here. The lines were 5-10 mins due to the ticket deal and I didnt find anything as fun as the previous two areas.

Millicent: My favorite area of brighton. Zero people, great terrain and plenty of soft bumps plus I love old center pole doubles. The run of the day was evergreen, one of those runs that is so secluded that you forget you are at a ski area.

Overall I really liked Brighton. I was getting sick of the traverses at Alta and it was nice to ski somewhere that you could just get off the lift and drop into a run. Also the trees really hold the powder and are spaced perfectly. Only negative was the layout of the base area, you just cant get around but this is really a small negative.

Snowbird tomorrow and then back to alta for the forecasted dump on friday. Weather guy just said 12+ for friday.

Last edited:

koreshot

Date(s) Skied: December 20, 2006

Resort or Ski Area: Brighton

Conditions: packed powder, crud, powder

Trip Report: Last night I was deciding between brighton and solitude for today when I stumbled on a Four for One ticket deal at brighton today. Im nobody to fight with a $11.75 ticket especially on a bluebird day with temps in the mid twenties.

This was my first trip to Brighton and I was flying solo so I tried to cover every corner of the mountain. The place could be divided into four general areas: Great Western, Snake Creek, Crest, Millicent.

Great Western: I really enjoyed the drop off right after the lift. The snow was choppy and the terrain steep but it was a perfect combination. Towards the bottom the trees were perfectly spaced and I found plenty of untracked powder from sundays storm.

Snake Creek: Another drop off similar to great western right after the lift. Less steep but the snow had held up better. Same deal with the trees, perfectly spaced and three day old untracked powder.

Crest Express: Only took a couple runs here. The lines were 5-10 mins due to the ticket deal and I didnt find anything as fun as the previous two areas.

Millicent: My favorite area of brighton. Zero people, great terrain and plenty of soft bumps plus I love old center pole doubles. The run of the day was evergreen, one of those runs that is so secluded that you forget you are at a ski area.

Overall I really liked Brighton. I was getting sick of the traverses at Alta and it was nice to ski somewhere that you could just get off the lift and drop into a run. Also the trees really hold the powder and are spaced perfectly. Only negative was the layout of the base area, you just cant get around but this is really a small negative.

Snowbird tomorrow and then back to alta for the forecasted dump on friday. Weather guy just said 12+ for friday.

Thanks for the report! Brighton really is a great place, especially the tree skiing and the pillows all over the place. The snow wasn't great in Millicent when I was there, but Snake Creek was a total blast.