• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak done for the season

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Via their facebook page:

After today's review of remaining snow on the hill with Mountain Ops and looking ahead at a four day streak of sunshine and 70°+ weather, we are officially calling a close to our ski/ride season season at Jay Peak. We are sad to see it come to an end, but we are happy to begin our summer activities. Thank you all for a fun and memorable winter with us, and we hope to see you this summer.

thetrailboss

Staff member
37436055.jpg

Zand

They still had many feet of base on Jet and Haines Sunday. Half the glades are still skiable. If they weren't building a hotel at Stateside they'd be open for 2 more weeks. Guarantee it.

Angus

too bad. just got an email from ski magazine (I think) that listed 15 areas still open. they missed Sugarbush and listed Jay Peak.

thetrailboss

Staff member
too bad. just got an email from ski magazine (I think) that listed 15 areas still open. they missed Sugarbush and listed Jay Peak.

...and said that Alta was open when it closed on Sunday.

Their fact checking is horrid.

thetrailboss

Staff member
A few other west coast areas are open...I was just being a smarta$$ with my response about Snowbird.

Sugarbush appears to be still in play and is free.

darent

just got back from Bachelor and Mt hood last week,had great conditions ,seems they should be open for a while, of coarse the top of hood will be open for the summer camps,