• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Carrigain Tomorrow - GO well...

Mike P.

Based CT weather it's supposed to rain & be warm.

If I could get away though at the drop of a hat, I'd be heading north now as Sawyer River Road is listed as being open. This means the usually winter trip of 14 miles is only 10, just like in the summer!

Mike P.

I'm thinking for a 4 mile savings I would try it, besides, plastic boots are taller....

It's all about trading one option for another.

Mike P.

I'm probably not going but people are heading up there & as of 12/27 the road is still open, (logging maybe?) water crossings from people posting on VFTT don't seem too bad for people with poles & waterproof (plastic) boots.

Mike P.

Spoke with Ranger Bob at the Saco district, no logging going on, just open due to lack of snowfall.

MtnMagic

What rain?

Rain? Not here. Just a few inches of snow in the hills!

Saturday as per weatherunderground:

Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the upper 20s. Light and variable winds...becoming west around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow 30 percent.

I called the USFS earlier today because I have a group hike tomorrow to Carrigain. Road is open due to lack of snow

We are meeting at the summer parking lot at 8:15 for an 8:30 AM start if you wish to merge.

Mike P.

It was nice seeing you guys, That no accummulation must have just accummulated on our cars & the road. I suspect the road will be closed very soon, maybe before next weekend!

MtnMagic

Mike, great seeing Gary and you.
Super good time on the mtn.
After the celebration of Doug's #48!!