• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How Much of a Tip?

Puck it

I usually go a little higher for limo services. 20% is god starting point and if drivers goes above and beyond then give more.

ctenidae

Check your booking sheet- there's usually a tip built in. Not that you shouldn't tip over that, but know that it's there.
For a Greenwich-NY airport run, $20 each way on a $100-$130 run is my norm.

HD333

Check your booking sheet- there's usually a tip built in. Not that you shouldn't tip over that, but know that it's there.
For a Greenwich-NY airport run, $20 each way on a $100-$130 run is my norm.
No tip included. A friend of a friend of a friend is hooking me up with a deal on the hourly rate. I will base the tip off of full price and go 20% +/- depending on the service. After a bunch of beers(hence the car) I am sure it will be 20%+.
Thanks for the input.

AdironRider

Given that your getting the bro deal, Id tip heavily, like 20-30% retail. The driver will be stoked, and usually the bro deals are the worst "clients" according to my buddy that runs a limo-lounge esque business.

phin

The tip should be a direct reflection of the services you receive. I would say 20-25% should be the maximum allowance. Their employer should be responsible for assuring that their employees are fairly compensated beyond that.