• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon, NH: 12/27/06

awf170

Ehh? This time I decided to actually give more than 24 hours of notice in hope that someone else will be able to make it. Anyway this is pretty much all in hope that they get a decent amount of snow, if not this won't be happening. Also, just for a heads up it is going to be very windy, so I doubt the summit will be open, so be ready to hike.

So did I jinx the storm or what?:lol::snow:

SIKSKIER

Your in luck

Skied Cannon on Sunday.Pretty depressing for this time of year but the top WAS open.Saturday was suppose to be the opening but the rain/freeezing rain up high was pretty thick.They did not even operate the Peabody detach.The only lifts running were the Eagle cliff (lower Cannon trails) and Brookside (learning slpoe).Sunday the summit was open with Upper Cannon and Tramway trails.The snow was what you would expect.Ground up ice from the freezing rain mixed with a deep loose granular.Not bad actually.Nothing open the Zoomer side yet.