• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cruising up Cabot! 12/27/06

MtnMagic

Wednesday was Doug A.'s #47 and it was on Mt Cabot in the winter! A perfect mild, winter day with magic in the air right from the start. Although 2 canceled, Doug A., a self employed finish carpenter from Exeter; Fred S., a retired electrical engineer from Andover, joined Ghost and me for a leisurely 10 am start. We saw footprints in the snow of a man and I thought a woman who left the trail and bushwhacked to the summit! Later he accidentally locked us in the cabin and was startled to hear me say, "Hey, unlock the door!" He and his young son, said he lost the trail, climbed up, and with luck (?), re-found the top section of the trail. Geesh!

We totaled 10 hikers in the crowded cabin. Alan C. a teacher from Laconia, joined us in the descent. We had a great chat with 5 young college men coming up to spend the night. A wonderful day to hike, meet, enjoy trail talk, and have great fellowship with 16 other hikers on a snowy, winter Wednesday on Mount Cabot. After the hike we went to the world famous Woodstock Inn where we dined, drank wassail, and had more fellowship in this very excellent and busy establishment. We met the AMC's Wednesday group there with Leon T. Fred S. and 8 others in this excellent and busy establishment. Try the winter Wassail. "Oh be joyful!" Another perfect day to play in the mountains with friends!!