• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GoPro Question?

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
That's cause "everyone" is an idiot!! I don't think this clip is bad at all. And Loose Spruce is by no means my favorite glade at the mighty O. This video does not seem any more "shakey" then most others clips.

The mighty O?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

twinplanx

There IS a rougher side of Okemo. I wouldn't start calling the place Extremo, but it's a lot better than 95% of you think. My profile pic if from Okemo, believe it or not.
I doubt that most of those in the 95% are even aware of Jackson's Gore. Not to say that's completely the rougher side. You just gotta know where to look. I get tired of the Okemo is lame comments, but it's not affecting skier visits.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I doubt that most of those in the 95% are even aware of Jackson's Gore. Not to say that's completely the rougher side. You just gotta know where to look. I get tired of the Okemo is lame comments, but it's not affecting skier visits.

Yeah ... but still ... the mighty O?

bvibert

Staff member
I checked the mount, and it was loose.

Was the mount loose, like not adhered well to the helmet? Or was there some play in the qr buckle that clicks into the mount? If it's the latter GoPro has a little rubber piece that fits into the buckle after it's clicked in to take up any play. It's the little white piece pictured here:

http://gopro.com/camera-mounts/grab-bag-of-mounts

Some buckles fit in the mounts better than others, so the rubber piece isn't always needed, but in your case maybe it is?

Huck_It_Baby

Was the mount loose, like not adhered well to the helmet? Or was there some play in the qr buckle that clicks into the mount? If it's the latter GoPro has a little rubber piece that fits into the buckle after it's clicked in to take up any play. It's the little white piece pictured here:

Some buckles fit in the mounts better than others, so the rubber piece isn't always needed, but in your case maybe it is?

That little piece makes a HUGE difference for the annoying rattling sound the goPro picks up. I lost mine and have been putting small strips of electrical tape on top the mount base where the GoPro slides in and clips. This reduces the gap and helps with the noise if you don't have that piece.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub

I lost that little piece a long time ago. I like the idea of a little tape. That might actually be easier to put in than the insert.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app