• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Really Bummed Out today

Warp Daddy

Just buried my best buddy the Teefster my 20 lb male Siberian cat saturday Poor guy awoke us at 4:45 am in obvious distress and pain , yowling and rapid gasping for breath. He was an awesome cat who never complained about anything . He found us and we loved this big ole boy who acted more like a canine than a feline . He was a great comfort to me when i was recovering from my heart attack and open heart surgery 4 yrs ago .

His pain was obvious , and from my research i estimated that he may have suffered a Saddle Thrombosis an often fatal affliction that can come on quickly and is deadly . I was able to get a vet to see him as our normal vet was unavaible on this particular saturday . SHE absolutely confirmed my suspicions and she did not need ro explain ro me the grim prognosis , so as hard as it was to do we put him to sleep .

He now rests under his favorite Colorado Blue spruce with a nice BIG ole " Buddha Cat " marker .

I really miss my buddy and the Queen is really down too. RIP Teefster u were a magnificent boy !!

Warp Daddy

Thanks Guys , i really appreciate it especially from all u guys who have pets and know how sad this always is .

be good to your to your canine and feline buddies t, i know you are .

dlague

Been there done that and it sucks! Hopefully there are plenty of pictures to remember him by!

ctenidae

Sorry to hear that, man. Never easy, but at least finding you gave him a good long life. 20 pounds equals a lot of Tender Vittles!

bigbog

You mean he, the Teefster, had a good human companion Warp...and he knew you appreciated him. My condolences.. Cats are something else, really do have distinct personalities...y/n?

Warp Daddy

You mean he, the Teefster, had a good human companion Warp...and he knew you appreciated him. My condolences.. Cats are something else, really do have distinct personalities...y/n?

Thanks man i reallyappreciate it and u too C 10 .Fortunately myentire famiy posse is still here till Saturday and that is keeping us both busy and energized .The real test will be after everyone pulls out for Beantown and the Big Apple sunday. The initial shock has passed now we are all dealing with the funny stories that really help .

Weird as it is ,i still look for Teef early in the am ,as i am the first one up to start getting stuff organized for the days acti vities , then the Queen is up to get the days meals started for the group and we think about it . But it has gotten better and you guys have all befriended animals and have that empathy when things like this occur ......You GET it .

v

Warp Daddy

UPDATE : Was missing my buddy sooooo me and the Queen just welcomed Elizabeth , now known as Lizzie to our home . We get her next tuesday after a series of things at our vets office She is a 3 yr Black and white Long haired Angora Tuxedo cat a rescue from the local SPCA . we are stoked , i ll try and post a pic she is small and dainty but will be awesome !,image.jpg

ScottySkis

UPDATE : Was missing my buddy sooooo me and the Queen just welcomed Elizabeth , now known as Lizzie to our home . We get her next tuesday after a series of things at our vets office She is a 3 yr Black and white Long haired Angora Tuxedo cat a rescue from the local SPCA . we are stoked , i ll try and post a pic she is small and dainty but will be awesome !,View attachment 9255

I sure she will bring you and the misses many loving years.

dmc

Awesome you adopted a 3 year old cat... Well done!!

Great looking cat!

Warp Daddy

Awesome you adopted a 3 year old cat... Well done!!

Great looking cat!

Thanks Man , i know how much u love yours too

x!!!! I m pumped ,so is theQueen Im such. Softee i would have adopted several there were some awesome cats there but Lizzie stole my heart !!

thetrailboss

Staff member
UPDATE : Was missing my buddy sooooo me and the Queen just welcomed Elizabeth , now known as Lizzie to our home . We get her next tuesday after a series of things at our vets office She is a 3 yr Black and white Long haired Angora Tuxedo cat a rescue from the local SPCA . we are stoked , i ll try and post a pic she is small and dainty but will be awesome !,View attachment 9255

Congrats! She looks like a nice cat!