• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

xwhaler

Non-transferrable and valid ID required to redeem are what the terms says on my confirmation. Having never used these before though I can't say how strict all/some mtns are to this policy. For $43/day ($41 if you buy a 5 pass) it seems like a nice way to lock in a day of turns w/o having to commit to a specific day/mtn like Liftopia does.

Huck_It_Baby

Just bought a 3-pass. Perhaps this is the winter I finally get to ski Stowe for $40 :)

The page doesn't explain the deal very well or I am missing something.

For $130 you get three tickets but can't use them at the same mountain?

steamboat1

Do these sell out quickly?

Scotty last year the 3 passes sold out before noon. The 5 passes were available a little longer but not much. Everything could be sold out by days end. This is the second year they're doing this on line & limiting you to only one 3 pass. You used to be able to purchase two which allowed you to ski twice at a single mountain if you wanted, no more. Some mountains are strict about ID & others not. Some don't even check off that you used a pass there already so it can be used again at the same area (hint where I hurt myself last year). I've been buying these things for years. It is a use it or lose it deal. They can't be redeemed for next year like some ski club discount tickets can. It's a good deal.

steamboat1

The page doesn't explain the deal very well or I am missing something.

For $130 you get three tickets but can't use them at the same mountain?
That is correct HIB. Read my post above, there are exceptions. Stowe & Sugarbush are pretty strict about it. I'm not sure about Smuggs & Jay. I only mention those because they're up in your neck of the woods.

watkin

I picked up a 5 day. Was waiting to get my hands on one since you used to be able to re-use 5-day pass at the same mt. This year the wording seems to be that you can only use them once per mountain. Can anyone confirm this as a policy change? If so, its still a great deal.. I'm just wondering why they changed it.

Huck_It_Baby

That is correct HIB. Read my post above, there are exceptions. Stowe & Sugarbush are pretty strict about it. I'm not sure about Smuggs & Jay. I only mention those because they're up in your neck of the woods.

OK cool thanks! =)

This is a great deal!!

I got the Bash Badge+ so I'm good to go at Smuggs but Stowe and SB for $40 is hard to pass up.

steamboat1

I picked up a 5 day. Was waiting to get my hands on one since you used to be able to re-use 5-day pass at the same mt. This year the wording seems to be that you can only use them once per mountain. Can anyone confirm this as a policy change? If so, its still a great deal.. I'm just wondering why they changed it.

Not a policy change, it's always been this way.

edit: In fact the 5 pass is relatively new. Used to be they only sold 3 passes.

Last edited:

Huck_It_Baby

HIB I tried that last year. The original charge went thru but they later credited my account & only sent one 3 pass. Maybe you'll have better luck than me. I did use two separate e-mails but somehow they knew it was me.

Hope that doesn't happen.

One set is for myself and the other my GF. It had forms to fill out for both our names so fingers crossed it goes through!

steamboat1

Hope that doesn't happen.

One set is for myself and the other my GF. It had forms to fill out for both our names so fingers crossed it goes through!

Lol, I just ordered another using my daughters name. Her first name is the same as mine except with an ie at the end, of course our last name is the same. Hope it works.

MidnightJester

VT 5 Passes are sold out. I will have to settle for a few 3 day passes.. They changed it this year only 1 3 pass and 1 5pass per person. You can have other spellings of your name though : )

MidnightJester

Ohhhhhhh Thank you again. Here come snow season.... Already here as far as I can tell since I bought my first lift tickets for the season thanks to the 3 passes.