• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

steamboat1

Learn To Ski At Killington, Get A New Pair Of Skis

Killington Ski School
For the 2013-14 season, Killington Resort has partnered with Elan to offer a new pair of skis and bindings to any new skier who completes a four-day adult Learn To Ski package.

The four-day packages costs $249 and includes a two hour lesson, rental equipment and a lift ticket each day. Upon completion of the fourth day, participants will receive a new pair of Killington Resort branded Elan eRise skis and bindings (MSRP $499) along with a discount voucher for new boots and poles.

“Our goal is to transition first time skiers into lifetime skiers by offering four lessons and a free pair of skis and bindings,” stated Dave Beckwith, director of snow sports for Killington Resort. “Killington has a dedicated learning area designed to give first time skiers the confidence they need to be successful in a new sport.”

The adult four-day Learn To Ski package is available throughout the 2013-14 winter season and is part of Killington’s MAX 5 program, guaranteeing a maximum of five skiers per instructor for every lesson. Participants will learn on beginner Elan eRise skis and will receive a brand new eRise skis and bindings once they complete the program.

Additionally, adults who take advantage of this learning opportunity will receive 50 percent off lift tickets and lessons for the remainder of the 2013-14 season and all of the 2014-15 season. The four lessons do not need to be consecutive and are valid any day during the 2013-14 winter season.

Advanced reservations are recommended and there are a limited number of free Killington Resort branded Elan eRise skis and bindings. Call 800-923-9444 to reserve a lesson. Some restrictions may apply.

ScottySkis

Learn To Ski At Killington, Get A New Pair Of Skis

Killington Ski School
For the 2013-14 season, Killington Resort has partnered with Elan to offer a new pair of skis and bindings to any new skier who completes a four-day adult Learn To Ski package.

The four-day packages costs $249 and includes a two hour lesson, rental equipment and a lift ticket each day. Upon completion of the fourth day, participants will receive a new pair of Killington Resort branded Elan eRise skis and bindings (MSRP $499) along with a discount voucher for new boots and poles.

“Our goal is to transition first time skiers into lifetime skiers by offering four lessons and a free pair of skis and bindings,” stated Dave Beckwith, director of snow sports for Killington Resort. “Killington has a dedicated learning area designed to give first time skiers the confidence they need to be successful in a new sport.”

The adult four-day Learn To Ski package is available throughout the 2013-14 winter season and is part of Killington’s MAX 5 program, guaranteeing a maximum of five skiers per instructor for every lesson. Participants will learn on beginner Elan eRise skis and will receive a brand new eRise skis and bindings once they complete the program.

Additionally, adults who take advantage of this learning opportunity will receive 50 percent off lift tickets and lessons for the remainder of the 2013-14 season and all of the 2014-15 season. The four lessons do not need to be consecutive and are valid any day during the 2013-14 winter season.

Advanced reservations are recommended and there are a limited number of free Killington Resort branded Elan eRise skis and bindings. Call 800-923-9444 to reserve a lesson. Some restrictions may apply.
Wow that is a good deal for beginners.

ScottySkis

Once you add the fee to the discounted tickets and include the free day you end up saving $10.00 per trip.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Ya not very cheap, maybe I wait to spring and see what they got to offer.

fahz

ScottySkis

fahz

Not sure what more I can provide? Hope to use the book to ski a few places Pico, Killington, Bretton Woods, maybe others. The pack is one of the more expensive might be a good deal for hiking & biking but still seems expensive...

More information please.

jaytrem

The deal is over now, but yes, they are worth it. The packs are nice and they come with a bunch of free lift tickets, so it's close to a no brainer. They can often be purchased at about 1/2 off. In the past I've gotten them from "The Clymb" and another similar site, can't remember the name. I go for the smallest version, so it tends to cost me between $45 and $55. I never even used my newest pack, I should probably ebay it since it still has the tags on it.

ScottySkis

The deal is over now, but yes, they are worth it. The packs are nice and they come with a bunch of free lift tickets, so it's close to a no brainer. They can often be purchased at about 1/2 off. In the past I've gotten them from "The Clymb" and another similar site, can't remember the name. I go for the smallest version, so it tends to cost me between $45 and $55. I never even used my newest pack, I should probably ebay it since it still has the tags on it.

So I watch out for more of these thanks.

steamboat1

Whiteface Ski Area NY

Whiteface will offer Super Sundays this year featuring $40 lift tickets for Adults, $35 for Teens, $30 for Juniors on the following dates:

December 8
January 6
February 3
March 10
April 7

Coca Cola will offer $42 Adult Lift Tickets on any Non Holiday Wednesday this year at Whiteface.
Present any Coca Cola product at the Whiteface Ticket Office and get a lift ticket for $42

dlague

Whiteface Ski Area NY

Whiteface will offer Super Sundays this year featuring $40 lift tickets for Adults, $35 for Teens, $30 for Juniors on the following dates:

December 8
January 6
February 3
March 10
April 7

Coca Cola will offer $42 Adult Lift Tickets on any Non Holiday Wednesday this year at Whiteface.
Present any Coca Cola product at the Whiteface Ticket Office and get a lift ticket for $42

I think this is always a great deal! I remember just a fews back when it was $32! I definitly hope to give this a whirl! My son went up on the lift there last week and was very interested!

dlague

Gunstock 2 fer Tuesdays - Every Tuesday night (two black out dates) it will cost $30 for two people to night ski! We try doing a few night sessions there during the season.

steamboat1

From the Rutland Herald at yesterday's Winter in Aug. Event in downtown Rutland.

Area ski resorts made announcements coinciding with the event. Killington, Okemo and Mount Sunapee will offer college students one pass for all their terrain.

The program is called the 4.0 pass. The name does not refer to a required grade point average, but the number of resorts accessed by the pass, with Pico Mountain at Killington counting as its own resort.

The pass, available to undergraduates and graduate students, will cost $369 plus tax and be on sale through Dec. 15.

Representatives of the resorts say they total 378 trails, or 150 miles of terrain, 8,727 vertical feet, 19 terrain parks and 59 lifts.

The passholders may buy five “buddy tickets” for fellow college students at 50 percent off and receive a number of other benefits depending on which resort they purchase from.

At Killington, those benefits include discounts on lodging, lessons, food and retail purchases. Okemo will offer a discount on multiday lift tickets at the Crested Butte resort in Colorado.

fahz

Geigerrig Passport promotion

After rereading the posts on here I realized maybe some more information might help those that have never heard of the Geigerrig promotion. This is the first year for me so I still have questions on how it will actually work when I go to the window but until it snows and my Geigerrig pack and Passport are used I don't have any advice. http://www.geigerrig.com/passport/index.html The link goes directly to the 6th edition Spartan Race High Adventure Passbook. I think last years sponsor was Skullcandy and had similar deals. The passbook comes with the purchase of certain Geigerrig Hydration packs - home page is here http://www.geigerrig.com/hydration-pack/. The Do's and Don'ts section http://www.geigerrig.com/passport/faq.html has a number restrictions etc one seems a littlle much like #3 that basically says you must drag the hydration pack and passport to the ticket window. Anyone ever have to do that? Or have more experience using the passport to ski at some of the venues?

I purchased mine with the Groupon I posted that has since expired occasionally they can be had for cheaper prices at places like The Clymb https://www.theclymb.com/preview & I think this site has had them in the past too LeftLane Sports http://www.leftlanesports.com it use to be GearBuzz.com. Both sites you have to join to shop. Otherwise more normal outlets for a retail price that is not as discounted.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
But if I only use it on weekends not many deals for that with this card.

It's primarily geared towards mid-week discounts, but they do have their weekend "tour", which pretty much offers 2 for 1 lift tickets at a different resort every weekend from January through March. I may hit up the Sugarbush weekend this year.

http://rideandskine.com/Weekend_Tour.html

I haven't used the discounts on the card much over the years. I pretty much look at buying it as a getting a lift ticket for $35. I chose Maine last year and got a Shawnee Peak ticket and had a great day there. Hoping for a Mount Abram ticket this year as its been a few years since I've been there. Prior to last year you used to be able to request what mountain you wanted a free ticket to. Unfortunately it's gotten too popular. Still a good program though supporting a good cause.