• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

dlague

Thanks for that one.

This is a tradition for us! Stay tuned for another on October. I keep track of patterns of all ski resorts and other offerings relative to deals available. Always welcomed to learn of more.

xwhaler

This is a tradition for us! Stay tuned for another on October. I keep track of patterns of all ski resorts and other offerings relative to deals available. Always welcomed to learn of more.

Looks like this yr they are restricting the Friday and Sat of Thanksgiving wknd. Too bad as I probably would have been there that Saturday if they had more terrain on line than Okemo (we're staying in Ludlow that wknd)
We traditionally start our ski season that Saturday of Thanksgiving wknd but with Turkey Day being late this yr perhaps I start a week or 2 sooner.

dlague

Looks like this yr they are restricting the Friday and Sat of Thanksgiving wknd. Too bad as I probably would have been there that Saturday if they had more terrain on line than Okemo (we're staying in Ludlow that wknd)
We traditionally start our ski season that Saturday of Thanksgiving wknd but with Turkey Day being late this yr perhaps I start a week or 2 sooner.

Our whole family used that link so we make a couple of trips - one early November and one the last weekend before Dec. 16th. Thanksgiving weekend we take the hit if we go at all!

dlague

I used it last year and now it says I can't do it this year with the same email address. Not really an issue because I have multiple addresses I can use - just a heads up.

That is odd! My whole family signed up and we did it last year too! Although, one of our emails did not work!

dlague

Another thing to pay attention to - specialty days like Valentines, St Patricks, Super Bowl Sunday etc.. Often deals are available, I provided an example (though NH oriented they are available in every state) from the past season on Super Bowl Sunday.

Super Sunday Special at Cannon Mountain where two people can ski or ride for $70 on February 3. Cranmore Mountain Resort is offering a Super Bowl ECoupon that must be printed by midnight the night before from Cranmore.com and is valid for $47 adult lift tickets on February 3. Bretton Woods Ski Area will be offering a limited amount of $30 lift tickets when purchased in advance online at www.shop.brettonwoods.com. Several specials are available at Gunstock Mountain Resort on February 3 including Souper Bowl Sunday, when guests can bring a can of soup to donate to a local food pantry and receive a 2 for 1 Prime Time Lift Ticket. Guests who wear a piece of clothing with an NFL logo will receive $10 off a Prime Time Lift Ticket and two for one afternoon lift tickets and two for one Zip Tours (1pm and 2pm only) will be available that day as well.

dlague

For $99 get $25 lift tickets all season long for Smuggs (no blackouts)...http://www.smuggs.com/pages/winter/skiride/pass-store/index.php.

With the Bash Pass Plus get free skiing from opening till Dec. 13 & from Mar. 10 till closing.

$15 1/2 day tickets with either.

As I mentioned in the other thread - I like this method vs buying a season pass 20 trips (between Dec. 13 & from Mar. 10) = 29.95 per visit and that does not include the free days or $15 half days! The dollar cost average could be way lower!

dlague

dlague

1/29 Sounds better than 1/8. More of a chance of having more open.

Well unfortunately, trying to get every one's school schedules lined up ti fit was a chore and the 8th originally looked best then 29th looked like the better available day. I meant to click on the 29th and ordered and saw this - but I reached out to Liftopia and got it fixed to the 29th and yes you are right!

conwayeast

This isn't a bad deal either, 2013-14 Ride & Ski Card. All the proceeds go to the Childrens Hospital at Dartmouth.

They also have a booth set up at the Boston Ski Expo and give away 2 lift tickets, again select mountains.

The card itself has discounts on it, but what makes the card even better is that they do a 2for1 day tour throughout the season. Every week it's a different mountain and if you own the card you can bring a friend and split the cost of a lift ticket.