• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

fahz

Shell Ski Free Deals

I know this is the Northeast but in case someone is trolling for deals out west Shell has a program & when does the Ski Ride Free program go active gotta start getting reciepts.... http://www.skiridefree.com/

The Shell program details:
When you purchase 10 gallons or more of gas at participating Shell stations, you can receive a voucher for a 2-for-1 adult lift ticket voucher for participating resorts
California: Alpine Meadows, China Peak, Homewood Mountain Resort, Sierra-at-Tahoe, Squaw Valley, and Mt. Shasta Ski Park
Colorado: Copper, Crested Butte, Loveland, Monarch, Powderhorn, and Winter Park Michigan: Ski Brighton, Swiss Valley, Timber Ridge, Apple Mountain, Cannonsburg, Snow Snake Mountain, Big Powderhorn, Blackjack, Marquette Mountain, Mont Ripley, Mt. Zion, Pine Mountain, Boyne Highlands, Boyne Mountain, Caberfae Peaks, Cross Country Ski Headquarters, Crystal Mountain, Hanson Hills, The Homestead Resort, Mt. Holiday Ski Area, Nub’s Nob Ski Area, Shanty Creek, and Treetops Resort
Oregon: Anthony Lakes, Hoodoo Ski Area, Mt. Ashland, Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort, Mt. Hood Ski Bowl, and Timberline Lodge
Cost: At least 10 gallons of gas plus one adult lift ticket.
www.skifreedeals.com

Last edited:

dlague

Ride and Ski NE will be offering a deeply discounted trip to Banff to card holders for $1255 PP out of Boston includes:

• Round trip air transportation
• Round trip motorcoach transfer from airport to resort
• National Park Fee
• 5 nights accommodation
• Breakfast Buffet
• Welcome Reception at Sunshine Mountain Lodge
• 4 day tri-area lift pass valid at Mt Norquay, Lake Louise & Sunshine
• Shuttle bus service to all 3 ski areas included with lift ticket
• Complimentary daily guided tours at all ski areas
• Services of a Skican representative in Banff and Lake Louise
• All taxes

http://www.rideandskine.com It is not on their website yet - its coming!

BenedictGomez

I contacted The Ski Ride Free program via email, they replied that the program is a go again this year and the roll out of the stamps & pamphlets is mid November.
http://www.skiridefree.com/

That's last year's info, but given SRF never operates with stations in NH, it's likely that it's illegal there. I do know that that's the reason why there are no participating gas stations in NJ.

They really need to beef up MA though, I gave that advice last year so we'll see if they listened and add some stations, they are really great at responding to their customer's feedback.

Smellytele

That's last year's info, but given SRF never operates with stations in NH, it's likely that it's illegal there. I do know that that's the reason why there are no participating gas stations in NJ.

They really need to beef up MA though, I gave that advice last year so we'll see if they listened and add some stations, they are really great at responding to their customer's feedback.

I don't think it is illegal in NH because Irving gas usually does it every year here.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
The Irving pass is a pretty good for a last minute option, especially midweek. I used it once going to Burke, told my brother and mother the day before to go to Irving the day before, and I got a 2 for 1.

dlague

The Irving pass is a pretty good for a last minute option, especially midweek. I used it once going to Burke, told my brother and mother the day before to go to Irving the day before, and I got a 2 for 1.

There were some Sunday options as well.

Sundays.png

dlague

Just saw on Facebook's that Killington will give $10 off any day with this card.

And Killington agreed to have Pico 2 for 1 Sunday through Friday. Midweek (considering that they are closed Tue. and Wed.) is no biggie as others mentioned but Sunday is gold!

Now Jay Peak and Pico are 2 fer options on Sunday! There will be more to come!

Plus the Ride and Ski Tour will stop at Jay Peak on March 1st and card holders ski on a 2 fer - on a Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!

BenedictGomez

I don't think it is illegal in NH because Irving gas usually does it every year here.

Weird. I always just assumed that since they literally had no stations in NH, yet a few right on the border towns in VT. Kindof scratching my head on that one now.

xwhaler

And Killington agreed to have Pico 2 for 1 Sunday through Friday. Midweek (considering that they are closed Tue. and Wed.) is no biggie as others mentioned but Sunday is gold!

Now Jay Peak and Pico are 2 fer options on Sunday! There will be more to come!

Plus the Ride and Ski Tour will stop at Jay Peak on March 1st and card holders ski on a 2 fer - on a Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will definitely try and hit Pico on a Sunday this yr! It would be cool if they did a tour stop there too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AlpineZone mobile app