• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

Verona

Mt Snow is offering a new 1826 Season pass this year for $319 if you purchase before December. No blackout dates IIRC. So of course I bought myself one and wouldn't you know an even better pass was released right after the purchase...:banghead: a dual mountain 1826 Season Pass for Mt Snow and Stratton is available for $349. Pissed I didnt just get that one instead. No blackout dates as well. The dual mountain pass price goes up after October 15th.

(Both passes for ages 18-26 only)

:)

Smellytele

UNH ski sale plus ticket deals

http://unh.imodules.com/s/1518/images/gid2/editor_documents/skinh_ski_pass_packages.pdf

Two great opportunities to save money and enjoy winter in NH!

Check out the Alpine and Nordic packages available for the 2013-2014 season (no black out dates).
See attachment for locations and pricing.

OR

Stop by the UNH Field House on Sunday, October 27, 2013
to stock up on skis/boards/skates/apparel from
8:30am-4:30pm!

· Great deals on new and used equipment
· Free raffle for NH ski area tickets
· Bring your equipment to sell
· Great family deals and huge inventory!

Cornhead

Mt Snow is offering a new 1826 Season pass this year for $319 if you purchase before December. No blackout dates IIRC. So of course I bought myself one and wouldn't you know an even better pass was released right after the purchase...:banghead: a dual mountain 1826 Season Pass for Mt Snow and Stratton is available for $349. Pissed I didnt just get that one instead. No blackout dates as well. The dual mountain pass price goes up after October 15th.

Can you apply your payment to the combo pass? Seems like good business to allow you to. It would be worth a phone call.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub

They might upgrade it for the additional $30. Worth asking.

Verona

Well that was easy, quick call to Mt Snow and I'm all upgraded to the dual mountain 1826 pass, woot woot!

Cornhead

Well that was easy, quick call to Mt Snow and I'm all upgraded to the dual mountain 1826 pass, woot woot!
Good for you! I would have been surprised if they had said no. I've been to Stratton several times, never to Mt. Snow. I can think of other mountains in VT I'd prefer to ski, but for $349, that's a hell of a deal. Have fun, and welcome to the forum.

Verona

Good for you! I would have been surprised if they had said no. I've been to Stratton several times, never to Mt. Snow. I can think of other mountains in VT I'd prefer to ski, but for $349, that's a hell of a deal. Have fun, and welcome to the forum.

Thanks =]

ScottySkis

Good for you! I would have been surprised if they had said no. I've been to Stratton several times, never to Mt. Snow.

Mountsnow is worth checking out they have nice glades and steeps on North face, there expert stuff I think is better then Okemo or Stratton expert stuff.

Verona

Ive been to Mt Snow a ton and Stratton only once so far. Their both good, Mt Snows north face section is a good seperated place dedicated to black diamond slopes and theres numerous bars littered all over the mountain if you want to stop and grab a drink :D:beer:

The Carinthia park has plenty of stuff if you're into that as well

steamboat1

Killington
Mid-week

Valid Monday - Friday, non-peak* only. Upgrade a Mid-week ticket for a weekend or peak day at the ticket window; $20 for adults, $10 for youth.
Mid-week only (ages 7-79)$38
Ship to Home$5

available on their website.

Smellytele

Killington
Mid-week

Valid Monday - Friday, non-peak* only. Upgrade a Mid-week ticket for a weekend or peak day at the ticket window; $20 for adults, $10 for youth.
Ship to Home$5

Any idea if Pico is going have a similar deal as they did last year with the P38 ticket.

dlague

Killington
Mid-week

Ship to Home$5

A discounted K58 for mid week and if you upgrade it for the the weekend or peak period it equals the K58 deal. Great deal if you can swing a weekday!

steamboat1

A discounted K58 for mid week and if you upgrade it for the the weekend or peak period it equals the K58 deal. Great deal if you can swing a weekday!

You bet it's a good deal. I'd have to get a dozen days on my midweek pass to equal that deal & that's at the early purchase price. I don't think I'll have a problem beating it unless of course I re-injure myself this year.

xwhaler

Smuggs has a Bash Badge. $99 for 4 lift tickets with no blackouts.
http://www.smuggs.com/pages/winter/skiride/pass-store/index.php

I don't think this is what it means. Buying a Bash Badge for $99 then allows you to buy full day tickets for $25 or afternoons for $15. It's like a disconunt card Smuggs uses to raise cash prior to services being rendered. It's confusing the way it's worded as it does sort of imply that its a $25 ticket.

Bash Badge seems like a good deal if you plan to ski fewer than 18 days @ Smuggs (assume full days vs cost of $529 season pass)
If it were me I'd updade to the Bash Badge + and get early/late season paid for then work down the per visit cost by going in the afternoon for $15 once those lift lines dies down.

Regardless, Smuggs is an amazing mtn and would be my home mtn if I lived up in N VT.