• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

mlkrgr

For those around the Woburn MA area:

Nacski has a new Jay Peak "express" service. Bus leaves 5 am from Woburn MA to get to Jay at 8:40 am, and the bus leaves to go back home at 4:30 pm. Bus will definitely run on 2/22 as they already have 25 takers according to the available seat count as of writing this. At $77 for bus and lift ticket or $67 for newbies w/ promo code HAXNS, it's a bargain with being otherwise a 438 mile drive and a good $60 just in gas for my car (and you still have to throw in wear and tear and the convenience of leaving the driving to someone else). Linky: www.nacski.com/mr/register.aspx?id=MA80873413&r=ma-bos

jpg

I know it's probably late in the season to purchase (or at least to get the full value) but what does a rideandski pass cost?

dlague

I know it's probably late in the season to purchase (or at least to get the full value) but what does a rideandski pass cost?

If you hold tight, they plan on doing a mid season special. I will post as soon as I know some thing.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

mlkrgr

+1; I would hold tight and embrace the other deals out there until the spring deals come around to ski before then. If you're from the Boston area, I would go for the bus deals in which you get a lift ticket plus a round trip bus ride for around $80 even for Stowe. Nacski, Boston Ski & Sports Club and Riteway Travel are all good ones I've taken before. BSSC has Wednesday trips to K, SR, or Bretton for $65. Best deal on the market especially for either side of February vacation week.

Jmoorby

Website
www.skithedeals.com
Hey all, I'm new to this forum, but excited to be here! I've been "skiing around" for a few years trying to find the best bang for my buck, this seems the place to be!

Just saw that this friday (Feb 7th) Bromley is having a "Mom's Day Off" sale. To get a "free" lift ticket you have to show a picture of your kid and donate $15 to the Southwestern Vermont Regional Cancer Center!

Hope you all are getting in more skiing this week than I am, can't go 'til friday:-(

Jamie

dlague

Their site currently has it for $25 plus fees, I think it comes with a lift ticket too. Can't really go wrong.

http://www.rideandskine.com/

They are about to change pricing due to it being mid season.

BTW there are still some good deals to be had not to mention Sundays at Jay Peak and Pico are 2 for 1 also:

February

15th – Magic Mtn. – $39.00 lift ticket
21st – Shawnee Peak – 2 for 1 lift ticket
22rd – Black Mtn. – $35.00 lift ticket
23rd – Attitash – $49.00 lift ticket

March

1st – Jay Peak – 2 for 1 lift tickets
8st – Bolton Valley – 2 for 1 lift tickets
15th– Wildcat – $49.00 lift ticket
22nd–Waterville – 2 for 1 lift tickets

sbe26@yahoo.com

My wife is new to skiing and I am looking for a good starter mountain. I see there are some decent deals on Liftopia at King Pine for rentals, lift ticket and a lesson for her. Is that a decent place to start?

definitely ! my kid learned to ski & I learned to snowboard (as an adult) there. see if they still have a 'master the mountain' deal w/3 lessons/rentals/tix.

very friendly, low-key mountain. lots of fun, short runs, so great for practicing. :) their tagline says it: It all starts here! :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using AlpineZone mobile app

castleman003

At the Alpine zone party yahooo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AlpineZone mobile app

MidnightJester

Anyone know what the updated Valentines day Feb 14 specials are? Mountains and prices?

aaronbru

Loon is doing 1/2 days on non-holiday Sundays for $29. Great price if that works for you.

I was on my way home from a weekend ski trip on Sunday and stopped at Loon for a half day (to break the long drive up) and we were pleasantly surprised it was $29 instead of $61.

Aaron