• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

dlague

Loon is doing 1/2 days on non-holiday Sundays for $29. Great price if that works for you.

I was on my way home from a weekend ski trip on Sunday and stopped at Loon for a half day (to break the long drive up) and we were pleasantly surprised it was $29 instead of $61.

Aaron

Good to know!

skifree

Magic is for Lovers and Dancers this Valentine's Day!

This year Valentine's Day falls on a Friday (2/14) and Magic is turning its ticket booth into a kissing booth for the day. Any couple who kisses in front of the ticket booth can score full day tickets at half day prices!

Would you kiss one of your ski bro's for a discount tix?

BenedictGomez

Friday could be a real nice day at Platty....

PILE 'EM IN! The more people in your car, the cheaper the ticket!
Car of 1 - Sorry, pay full price $38,
Car of 2 - Save $5 off each ticket - pay $33 ea,
Car of 3 - Save $10 off each ticket - pay $28 ea,
Car of 4+ - Save 50% off each ticket - $19 ea
- See more at: http://plattekill.com/home-trio/carload-day#sthash.ugRP9KiO.dpuf

I skied Platty Saturday and Sunday, conditions were pretty good, and will only get better if they get somewhere between 7" and 14" by then.

abc

If Platty gets 10"+, I'll definitely be there!

Heck, I'll probably be there even if they don't get 10" (though it looks like they'll get at least 6+" anyway, so yes, I'll be there regardless!)

Jmoorby

Website
www.skithedeals.com
Some of these have been mentioned above, but here are the Vermont Valentine's Day Deals I know of (some listed are ongoing weekly deals, some are V-Day specific)! Hope everyone can get out and take advantage of this great snow:) I hit up both Mad River and Sugarbush Mt. Ellen this week, both are skiing fantastically! Even delved a tiny bit into the Mad River woods for the first time this season, though they are still bony!

Happy Skiing,
Jamie

VALENTINES DAY, Friday, February 14th, 2014 – A day to LOVE the DEALS!

Mad River Glen, Kissing Special: Kiss your ski buddy in the ticket booth and ski for $14 each!
The Point is also at MRG, so if you don’t feel like kissing, you can still ski for 50% off with a Point Pin.
Bolton Valley, Late Night: Everyone skis 7-10 PM for just $19
Smugglers Notch, Vermonter Full Throttle: Half price with VT ID
Mt. Snow, 2 for $49: Valentines Day Only, two tickets for $49! Must be purchased online 24 hours in advance
Bromley, 2 for 1: 2 tickets for $49, must print coupon in advance
Suicide Six, Frugal Friday: Adults $25, kids/seniors $20, under 5 $10
Pico, Guy’s Fri’s: Guys get $24 lift tickets, rentals, group lessons, free heel lessons
Magic Mountain, Kiss Your Ski Buddy: Kiss at the ticket booth and ski for half price

Last edited:

JonD

VALENTINES DAY, Friday, February 14th, 2014 – A day to LOVE the DEALS!

Mad River Glen, Kissing Special: Kiss your ski buddy in the ticket booth and ski for $14 each!
The Point is also at MRG, so if you don’t feel like kissing, you can still ski for 50% off with a Point Pin.
Bolton Valley, Late Night: Everyone skis 7-10 PM for just $19
Smugglers Notch, Vermonter Full Throttle: Half price with VT ID
Mt. Snow, 2 for $49: Valentines Day Only, two tickets for $49! Must be purchased online 24 hours in advance
Bromley, 2 for 1: 2 tickets for $49, must print coupon in advance
Suicide Six, Frugal Friday: Adults $25, kids/seniors $20, under 5 $10
Pico, Guy’s Fri’s: Guys get $24 lift tickets, rentals, group lessons, free heel lessons
Magic Mountain, Kiss Your Ski Buddy: Kiss at the ticket booth and ski for half price

Attitash/Wildcat: two tickets for $63

Jmoorby

Website
www.skithedeals.com
Thanks! As I personally exclusively ski in Vermont, I've been collecting and putting together lists of VT deals for a bit now, and am not particularly familiar with other NE ski areas. However I'm hoping to expand my ski deals blog and weekly "deals emai to include all of NE. Send me a PM if you are interested in learning more! This forum has been really helpful as I seek out deals and has convinced me I need to expand my blogs scope beyond Vermont. In general I just love having a place to share where the best deals are!!!

Jamie

mlkrgr

Looks like the wheel of deals is making a return to Waterville on Fridays only in March. Lift tix are still the regular $65 unless you get a discount from the wheel.

steamboat1

Got my K pass down to $32 & change per day already with at least 2 months skiing to go. Still have 6 VT. passes to use & some ski club appreciation days still to come. Who said skiing is an expensive sport?