• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

xwhaler

A really good deal for Stratton is their One Nighter Package

http://www.stratton.com/plan-your-trip/deals-and-packages/one-night-two-days.aspx

It is 2 days of skiing and one nights lodging for 2 people. For the Liftline lodge it is $199 total and for Black Bear lodge it is $229 total. It is only for Sunday-Thursday Nights until their prime season is over in mid march. I used this when they still allowed it on weekends in December, and I plan on using it again in March when it can be booked on weekends again. Great deal for staying on mountain.

Seems like a great deal.....if I didn't have a family place to stay 45 mins from Stratton I'd consider going late season

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

jaytrem

http://skifreedeals.com/ski-resorts-all.html

The Shell Gas Ski Free info is now out. They added Angel Fire and Taos in NM this year. Other states are CA, CO and MI. It's basically buy a minimum of 10 gallons of gas and you get a 2 for 1 coupon. It's also very easy to hang around the pumps and ask people to give you their receipts (yes I know from experience). So if anybody happens to be going to Taos this year, like smelly and Cornhead, this could be a good deal for you.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
[h=2]Ski For FREE at the Middlebury Snow Bowl[/h] In 2013, the Middlebury Snow Bowl has opened a new carpet lift and is allowing the public to ride for free. Situated on a gentle slope, the “Wonder Carpet” is a great place for beginners to learn or gain confidence before heading out onto one of our three chair lifts. So bring the kids, the family, friends and ride for free. There is no catch – it’s free. Who can say no to free skiing? Call ahead for hours of operation. 802-443-7669

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Yes, I know, I know, these may be repeats, but I'm collecting them for my list
SUICIDE SIX

$10 MONDAYS
We’re continuing our Monday lift ticket special! Every Monday,
non-peak periods, lift tickets are only $10.00!
(This special is not available on December 23, 2013, December 30, 2013, January
20, 2014 or February 17, 2014. Suicide Six reserves the right to close the ski area to
the public for private events without notice.)
FRUGAL FRIDAY
Come ski or board with us on Fridays! Our Frugal Friday lift tickets
are just $25 for Adults or $20 for Children & Seniors. Tots 5 and
under are always $10.
(This special is not available December 27, 2013, January 3, 2014 or February 21, 2014.)

Cornhead

http://skifreedeals.com/ski-resorts-all.html

The Shell Gas Ski Free info is now out. They added Angel Fire and Taos in NM this year. Other states are CA, CO and MI. It's basically buy a minimum of 10 gallons of gas and you get a 2 for 1 coupon. It's also very easy to hang around the pumps and ask people to give you their receipts (yes I know from experience). So if anybody happens to be going to Taos this year, like smelly and Cornhead, this could be a good deal for you.

Thanks Jay, there's a slight chance I may get out there this year. I know my Sis wants to go. No participating stations in my area. I do have a friend in Santa Fe, I've tried to get him to go to Taos with me, but he has no interest, he's happy with Santa Fe. He might be able to buy some gas at the station listed in Santa Fe if I ask him.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Yeah, I know, it's been posted already.

Whiteface
Present any Coca-Cola product at the Whiteface ticket office and get a lift ticket for $42 on Wednesdays ONLY, non-holiday. Offer is valid non-holiday Wednesdays only from Opening Day, 2013 through Closing Day, Spring 2014. Cannot be combined with any other offers, programs, promotions, discounts or frequent skier products. Limit one ticket per can/bottle. Coke product should be completely empty or unopened. Not valid on Dec. 25, 2013, Jan. 1, 2014 & Feb. 19, 2014

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Waterville - too complex to generalize. read for yourself

Patriots Tuesday's- During the 2013/14 NFL season, playoffs, and (hopefully) Super Bowl (February 2, 2014), lift ticket prices on Tuesdays* (non-holiday), will be the number of points that the New England Patriots hold their opponent to on the previous Sunday (or Monday night). Follow Waterville on Facebook and Twitter to stay updated on the new price each week!
• Temperature Tuesday's- Root for cold temps because lift ticket prices on Tuesdays will be the predicted base area temperature that is forecasted by our professional snowmaking meteorologist. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay updated on the new price each week! Ticket price will be determined at or around 8am on Monday mornings and published via social media, waterville.com homepage, and the snow report. *Not valid Tuesday, February 18, 2014 or April 1, 2014. Offer valid at the Ticket Window only (not available online). Minimum price for a lift ticket is $10. - See more at: http://www.skinh.com/deals/daily-ticket-deals.aspx#sthash.te2XY8F9.dpuf

chuckstah

Mount Snow $40 tickets

Donate $40 to the boys and girls club of Brattleboro and receive a Mt Snow lift ticket valid from 1/6/14 to 1/17/14.
www.bgcbrattleboro.com Click on donate. Purchase as many as you need.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

Yeah, I've done that. I've clicked on every link there is. No place does it take me to a place where I can purchase at the stated discount or print a coupon. Smuggs is the only one that offers a promo code. The rest just state a lame "purchase online" note, but provide no link. It seems to be another indirect marketing site with no value add. Did you try? Don't forget, I'm Mr. Cheap and I dig pretty deep...

ScottySkis

http://www.potterbrothers.com/discount-lift-tickets/ These have been posted before but these dates are coming up look at website for more then what i am posting now.

Windham Mountain Sundays
Our Price: $32.95

Sun – Dec 22nd​
Sun – January 5th​
Sun – January 26th​
Sun – February 2nd​
Sun – February 9th​
Sun – March 2nd​
Sun – March 9th​
Our Price: $43.95
indham Mountain Fridays 9am-4pm
Fri – January 10th​

Bromley Mountain, VT 8:30am-4pm
Wed – January 1st
Sat – January 4th
Sat – January 11th
Sun – January 12th
Sat – January 25th
Sat – February 1st
Sat – February 8th
Sat – March 8th
Sat – March 15th
Our Price: $39.95
(Retail $67.00)

ScottySkis

Plattekill Mountain 8:45am-4:15pm
Sun – Jan 12th​
Sun – Jan 26th​
Sun – Feb 23rd​
Sun – Mar 9th​
Our Price: $38.95
(Retail $60)

dlague

Yeah, I've done that. I've clicked on every link there is. No place does it take me to a place where I can purchase at the stated discount or print a coupon. Smuggs is the only one that offers a promo code. The rest just state a lame "purchase online" note, but provide no link. It seems to be another indirect marketing site with no value add. Did you try? Don't forget, I'm Mr. Cheap and I dig pretty deep...

I am with you on that one! I have looked over this site for years and they generally post what you already can find at the resorts or other information but nothing worth visiting for. I too am Mr. Ski on the Cheap and that one never provided any benefit. It appears that they are trying to build a site around a coupon concept but the resorts are not biting.

Huck_It_Baby

This Thursday Mt. Ellen is $6.50 to ski in honor of their 50th anniversary!

FREE ICY GROOMERS!