• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre Funding draws criticism from private catskills resorts

ScottySkis

Isn't this the same as my Plattekill owner thread I put up 2 weeks ago talking about unfair business practice of Bell?

Mapnut

Funny how the Snocountry article quotes the Windham and Hunter managers and said the Plattekill owner wasn't available for comment. The earlier topic featured about a 3-page letter from Plattekill!

ScottySkis

Funny how the Snocountry article quotes the Windham and Hunter managers and said the Plattekill owner wasn't available for comment. The earlier topic featured about a 3-page letter from Plattekill!

Up totally agree with you, and it was an amazing letter written from him, and Hunter and Windham migth louse money sure, but platty could easily go bankrupt with $74 millions invested from NY state.

ScottySkis

How can anyone stop in the catskills. It's almost like skiing Wa Wa.

If I had unlimited time, money and personal driver, then your correct and I be in North Vermont every weekend, but I don't so Catskills are good ,I loved what we have close to home.

Rambo

If I had unlimited time, money and personal driver, then your correct and I be in North Vermont every weekend, but I don't so Catskills are good ,I loved what we have close to home.

Agree with that. I have an older gas gussling car and it would cost, $120.00 in gas to drive up to Whiteface and back... but it would only cost $40 or so to hit the Catskill areas which are much closer. Really like Hunter, Windham and Plattekill. Used to ski Belleayre on the special ski-for-free on your Birthday but they eliminated that 2 years ago.

steamboat1

time: yes

money: menza menze

personal driver: yes me

weekends: rarely

day trips: it's been years

Yes I was a "weekend" warrior from Bklyn for many years

Rarely stopped south of rt. 4

You guys need to get yourselves together

ScottySkis

In all honestly I rather ski Catskills when snow has fallen , then make my annual trip to North Vermont in March for 3 day weekend and if I still had my salary I did before the economy crashed go to SLC for a week that is my ideal winter.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

I ski VT/NH/Whiteface 20-45 days a year, those are a weekend trips for me. Catskills are great for day trip.