• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Results are in: Snow-East Magazine Poll 2013

MadMadWorld

that resort rankings are a joke, has long been apparent, but this begs the question of whether the editors even read them.

It has always been a sham. The rankings rely heavily on how much $$$ the magazine is generating from each resort in advertising.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Was this the poll that we all tried to manipulate/vote in a few months ago? I remember someone posting a link here and us all jumping on board to respond to see if we had any impact.

ScottySkis

Butternut #1 for under 1,100? My backyard is steeper than those trails.

Funny thing my Boss is friend who is a business owner and skis one or two weeks a year loves that place, I always say Vermont is hour from their yet he doesn't ever go to Vermont but he will complain about lack of fun trails at Butternut.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Funny thing my Boss is friend who is a business owner and skis one or two weeks a year loves that place, I always say Vermont is hour from their yet he doesn't ever go to Vermont but he will complain about lack of fun trails at Butternut.

The place is alright. Not steep but everything else is top notch for a Massachusetts mountain. I just feel the mountain is way overrated. I believe Catamount is better for true skiers. Steeper, narrower, and less crowded. Plus they don't groom every trail like 95% of other mountains their size.

Bene288

I'd like to know how Belleayre is among the top 10..

And Butternut over Plattekill?! Might as well have Bosquet up there too.

I guess it has to factor in every variable they can think of, not just the skiing.

ScottySkis

I'd like to know how Belleayre is among the top 10..

And Butternut over Plattekill?! Might as well have Bosquet up there too.

I guess it has to factor in every variable they can think of, not just the skiing.
Yes I believe that, ha ha.