• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SnowEast Survey Lists Whiteface, Gore, Belleayre at top of New York State resorts

AlpineZone News

Skiing News
Website
www.alpinezone.com
LAKE PLACID, N.Y. — In a survey of more than 6,000 participants, readers of SnowEast Magazine tabbed Whiteface Mountain, in Wilmington, N.Y.; Gore Mountain, in North Creek, N.Y. and Belleayre, in Highmount, N.Y.; as their top ski resorts in the Empire State. With more than 50 ski resorts throughout the state, Whiteface Mountain led the... Read the full review »

[h=3]Related posts:[/h]
  1. Whiteface and Gore Both Open for the Season as of 11/21
  2. Whiteface and Gore in New York Prep for Skiing and Riding Season
  3. SnowEast Magazine Call for Nominations for Best Ski Resort in the East

More...

Cornhead

No Greek Peak? :dontknow: Actually, I probably like it as much as Belle. Whiteface and Gore are both outstanding mountains, they just don't get the snow NE does. When they do get snow, wind is often an issue after, I've been burned more than once.

ScottySkis

No Greek Peak? :dontknow: Actually, I probably like it as much as Belle. Whiteface and Gore are both outstanding mountains, they just don't get the snow NE does. When they do get snow, wind is often an issue after, I've been burned more than once.
I haven't been to Greek, but I think it beats Bell as far as terrain wise.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
TBH that release was issued by New York so they are going to promote the state owned properties, right? Still, interesting to see the results.

ScottySkis

TBH that release was issued by New York so they are going to promote the state owned properties, right? Still, interesting to see the results.

I understand that, I love Platty so I am still going to promote my love.