• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New England Waterfalls

gparsons66

Website
www.newenglandwaterfalls.com
Congratulations

Congratulations Dave! The pictures are great. Maybe you could frame them and give them to her as like a 5-year Anniversary present or something since she still has no idea that they were taken :)

-Greg

coberg

Website
www.hike-nh.com
Congrats! My wife tried her best to ruin my plans for engagement (I had to retool my entire plan), so for it to work out for you is excellent. Now, if you need help with what your responsibilites are during the planning of the wedding...

:)

(hint: just nod and say, "that sounds great honey!")

SilentCal

Fantastic! Glad everything worked out! :beer:

If It's a waterfall wedding.......Let us know if you need assistance :roll:

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Congrats and good luck!!!! :beer:

As a side note, to prepare your best man there was a comical "How to be a Best Man" section in a previous edition of Maxim Magazine (April or May).

coberg

Website
www.hike-nh.com
smitty77 said:
As a side note, to prepare your best man there was a comical "How to be a Best Man" section in a previous edition of Maxim Magazine (April or May).

I actually have a copy of that very article and would be willing to scan and send to you if you like.

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
I remembered this from searching for an article on the top 10 phrases to learn if you'll be travelling to Germany.

Of course, I can't find THAT article anymore... they've removed the search feature from their site.

-Stephen

MtnMagic

Hey readers click on the article link. It's too funny -- a great read and laugh. Thanks for posting the link!

M

maverickdave

ha! just took a look at the maxim article and sent it off to my best man....we'll see what he thinks about it

I gotta say...the only bad part about being engaged and planning the wedding is that the last time I was able to go hiking was the day I proposed :) Hopefully things will slow down soon though (once we get a location and a date picked out)...

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Don't count on things slowing down until after the wedding... Scratch that. Don't count on things slowing down ever. After the wedding you'll start thinking about buying a house. Projects for the new abode alone will eat up a good portion of your time. Then maybe you'll have a couple of kids and/or bring home a dog or cat (in my case all of the above). Next thing you know your spending your weekends mowing the lawn, building swingsets, visiting family members, etc. To top it all off, all of your friends have now become jealous of your new lifestyle so they start having weddings and kids. Now you can fill any free time left with bachelor/bachelorette parties, testimonials, weddings, baby showers, christenings, etc. No, life never slows down. It always seems to keep accelerating.

Your life will never be the same but fear not, it is a wonderful journey. Just remeber to stop often to give your wife roses. :D

Greg

Staff member
smitty77 said:
Don't count on things slowing down until after the wedding... Scratch that. Don't count on things slowing down ever. After the wedding you'll start thinking about buying a house. Projects for the new abode alone will eat up a good portion of your time. Then maybe you'll have a couple of kids and/or bring home a dog or cat (in my case all of the above). Next thing you know your spending your weekends mowing the lawn, building swingsets, visiting family members, etc. To top it all off, all of your friends have now become jealous of your new lifestyle so they start having weddings and kids. Now you can fill any free time left with bachelor/bachelorette parties, testimonials, weddings, baby showers, christenings, etc. No, life never slows down. It always seems to keep accelerating.

Your life will never be the same but fear not, it is a wonderful journey. Just remeber to stop often to give your wife roses. :D
Well said, smitty77. And very true.

B

BootJockey

We expect a picture or two...

When you pop the question!!!

BootJockey / Dave

jjmcgo

Congratulations, Dave. Many years of happiness to you both.
This is one of the best threads ever. So many people offered to help, including the moderators. But when the author of the book chimed in, that put it in another realm. And you took his suggestion.
The funniest part of this story is that you were able to suggest that you were just "going by" Tannery Falls which is a healthy distance off Route 2.