• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ summit

bruno1

Any idea on when and where the summit will be this year? Out west maybe? Is it possible? Thoughts anyone

This sounds great! I'd prefer the SLC option as there's so many options. Have skied most, but haven't been back to Snowbasin in years. Anywhere in this area can't be beat! Keep us all posted.

bruno1

Sugarloaf is great don't get me wrong, and last year was epic but it would be pretty cool to have it out west. With enough people i'm sure we could get the same killer deals as sugarloaf.

wa-loaf

Sugarloaf is great don't get me wrong, and last year was epic but it would be pretty cool to have it out west. With enough people i'm sure we could get the same killer deals as sugarloaf.

AZ is a NE based ski forum, it makes sense to have a summit here. There was talk about putting something together last year in SLC, but there just wasn't enough momentum. If you want something in the West check out the Epic Ski gatherings.

twinplanx

Or if there is enough momentum prehaps all the SLC fans here could make it happen. I'm not suggesting that the official AZ summit move out west or anything crazy. Stay the course, have the AZ summit at the 'loaf. But I for one, am curious to see if someone can pull off a group journey to SLC. And, fwiw, I know some people who don't participate on any internet forum(shocker) who might be interested in a Western excursion ;-)

steamboat1

If Nick could cut a deal for Big Sky/Moonlight that would be awesome.

Lot's of snow & larger than Vail.
Big Sky/Moonlight is owned by Boyne. The same people who own Sugarloaf.

Out of all the places I've been out west & I've been to quite a few, Big Sky/Moonlight was my favorite.

I'd love to get back out there.

Last edited: