• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ summit

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey guys sorry on the delay in response.

Yes, Sugarloaf is hosting the Summit again this year for the 5th year running. Official details and dates should be out soon.

That said, I am totally up for coordinating a west coast summit. AZ co-owner and my sister Stef is out in Breckenridge and I'd love to see a coordinated west-coast gathering also. This year I am going to personally have difficulty getting in ski days much less a summit out west as my wife is having our 2nd child with a due date of December 31st, so the month of December I won't be traveling more than an hour or so from the house and january and february I will very likely not get in anything other than day trips. Maybe something in March is in the cards.

One of my goals in the future is to schedule more trips for AZ members throughout the winter. Last year we had a end-of-season event at Sugarbush, which was awesome, even though the attendance wasn't that great (I think we had 10 or so folks), vs. the Sugarloaf summit which I think was pushing near 100 in sum.

I should have more details for you all soon, I am working with Sugarloaf to finalize the release with the information about the dates, times, events, etc.; I should have that out absolutely by the end of this month, maybe even sooner.

If anyone is interested in a west-coast trip, or wants to help organize it, that would be awesome and I'm glad to make phone calls and see if we can strike some deals. I might not be able to attend (this year!) but I'd love to see it happen in earnest.

ScottySkis

Hey guys sorry on the delay in response.

Yes, Sugarloaf is hosting the Summit again this year for the 5th year running. Official details and dates should be out soon.

That said, I am totally up for coordinating a west coast summit. AZ co-owner and my sister Stef is out in Breckenridge and I'd love to see a coordinated west-coast gathering also. This year I am going to personally have difficulty getting in ski days much less a summit out west as my wife is having our 2nd child with a due date of December 31st, so the month of December I won't be traveling more than an hour or so from the house and january and february I will very likely not get in anything other than day trips. Maybe something in March is in the cards.

One of my goals in the future is to schedule more trips for AZ members throughout the winter. Last year we had a end-of-season event at Sugarbush, which was awesome, even though the attendance wasn't that great (I think we had 10 or so folks), vs. the Sugarloaf summit which I think was pushing near 100 in sum.

I should have more details for you all soon, I am working with Sugarloaf to finalize the release with the information about the dates, times, events, etc.; I should have that out absolutely by the end of this month, maybe even sooner.

If anyone is interested in a west-coast trip, or wants to help organize it, that would be awesome and I'm glad to make phone calls and see if we can strike some deals. I might not be able to attend (this year!) but I'd love to see it happen in earnest.

SLC so easy I vote for that place for sure. Colorado cool to, stay cheap at negotiated rate for our group. Maybe do some places like Copper, and if we do after January 1 I can legally invite my GF Mary Jane.

Last edited:

bruno1

Congrats on your second child Nick! I'm down with Utah maybe Jackson Hole. Places relatively easy to get to. Even steamboat is pretty easy to get to if you fly into yampa valley. It's like a twenty five min. shuttle ride and steamboat is awesome.

Last edited:

wa-loaf

Got a nice packet of Sugarloaf marketing materials in the mail today. Only kind of junk mail I like.

bdfreetuna

Or if there is enough momentum prehaps all the SLC fans here could make it happen. I'm not suggesting that the official AZ summit move out west or anything crazy. Stay the course, have the AZ summit at the 'loaf. But I for one, am curious to see if someone can pull off a group journey to SLC. And, fwiw, I know some people who don't participate on any internet forum(shocker) who might be interested in a Western excursion ;-)

You should check out Ski 93 Trips for good deals on group vacations. www.ski93trips.com

Usually you need about 20 people but if you can get that many you can go west on the cheap.

Highway Star

You guys should all come to Killington!!! Promise I'll ski with you for 5 minutes!

ScottySkis

〽❄❅;788477 said:
Me too! I can drive myself from Philly to Ktown, the Loaf is too far for me and i'm terrible at getting others to go. Still like to see a Utah AZ summit happen.

That is why I try to set up a Sugarlaof Summit car poll thread today and I know of others who would likely join in.

BackLoafRiver

Congrats on the second child Nick!

I'd be interested in seeing how a west coast summit pans out. I'd love to ski out there again. That being said, I am all over the East Coast one.