• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

No news from Cannon improvements

4aprice

Could also be a Patrol shack. Other than patrolers hanging out around the tiny little top lift shack they really don't have a place to be at Mittersill. Given the amount of traffic there now and distance/time away from other facilities it would make sense to have some sort of patrol setup over there.

I have no information on the work at Mittersill (outside of what I heard at the High School Championships last year), but the picture looks exactly like the work we did at Camelback this summer in moving a race shack and the timing and electric. Small trench with wires stung through pvc.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

SIKSKIER

A couple more pics

Looking at these other 2 pics I'm thinking that building might be on the opposite side of the ski area on the bottom of North slope trail.I can't tell for sure but the second pic shows something going on to the right.The first pic looks like the building is right where the t-bar on North Slope was located.

Attachments

• mittersill4.jpg
    mittersill4.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 53
  • mittersill3.jpg
    mittersill3.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 52
  • mitersill5.jpg
    mitersill5.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 53

Puck it

Looking at these other 2 pics I'm thinking that building might be on the opposite side of the ski area on the bottom of North slope trail.I can't tell for sure but the second pic shows something going on to the right.The first pic looks like the building is right where the t-bar on North Slope was located.

I agree with you now that I see these pics. I was thinking it was on the right but peak was throwing in the first pic. That explains why the towers were not visible. I wonder what it is for. It can't be a patrol shack npw since it is so far from the lift.

Puck it

WaffleHaus!!!

Bingo.

Actually, I email'ed the Cannon info email address yesterday and Sherry responded that she had no idea anything was going on over there and suggested email'ing FSC. So I did.

Last edited:

Puck it

Just got this from Sherry at Cannon

"I just learned that it is a water pumphouse for the Mittersill homeowners association. It is not part of the FSC/Cannon Mittersill project. They expect to be breaking ground on that next year."