• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

No news from Cannon improvements

skiberg

Mittersill improvements have not started yet. The amount needed is closer to 3 million and it has not all been raised yet. Best estimates are for trail cutting to begin this spring.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Honestly, nothing. The day I saw the chopper, it made three or four trips over mitty, couldn't really pay attention as I was limping my car down 116 from Littleton before it finished its last mile and came to rest in the tram parking lot.

Angus

probably bringing in supplies to Lonesome Lake AMC Lodge/Hut - seen them ferry supplies that way when I've been on hiking up there.

SIKSKIER

Mittersill improvements have not started yet. The amount needed is closer to 3 million and it has not all been raised yet. Best estimates are for trail cutting to begin this spring.
Activity at Mittersill.

Attachments

• mittersill2.jpg
    mittersill2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 80
  • mittersill.jpg
    mittersill.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 78

thetrailboss

Staff member
Interesting...looks like power for the building. Are they going to use that for ski racing? An outpost for that area? Great to see activity at Mittersill.

SIKSKIER

This is from a friends facebook page and he says they will use this as bathrooms.I'm guessing for the FSC skiers?I'm not sure of the location but I would guess the bottom of Barons.

Cannonball

Could also be a Patrol shack. Other than patrolers hanging out around the tiny little top lift shack they really don't have a place to be at Mittersill. Given the amount of traffic there now and distance/time away from other facilities it would make sense to have some sort of patrol setup over there.

Puck it

Could also be a Patrol shack. Other than patrolers hanging out around the tiny little top lift shack they really don't have a place to be at Mittersill. Given the amount of traffic there now and distance/time away from other facilities it would make sense to have some sort of patrol setup over there.

It does looks like there are two doors on the front. You could be right about patrol shack though. The FSC would not have anthing there yet IMHO, since the snowmaking is not installed which should be the first thing they drop money on besides the lift. I still can not place the location though. It does look to be to the left of the lift looking uphill, but I see no signs of the lift towers.

skiberg

FSC has not yet begun ANY activity. If this is activity on the bottom of Baron's, as it appears, it has nothing to do with the FSC portion of the work. The funding is not even complete yet.