• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Re: shipping skis out west

HowieT2

Re: shipping skis out west

Anyone ever do this?
I'm thinking of doing it. how much does it cost generally?

darent

I have shipped once, sent skis a week ahead of time and they arrived on our third day of skiing, cost was more than paying baggage fee so stopped shipping and now I know my skis will be with me.I have friends on cape cod who ship ,it is cheaper for them and they have had good results.

JDMRoma

UPS will ship for 80 or 90$ each way, I am shipping mine out for Christmas in Steamboat this year.
last year I did Southwest, not alot of Fun schlepping your skis through the airport !! Not flying Southwest this year so I would be paying for them anyway. I will be shipping early for sure, not taking the chance that they wont be there when I am !!!

http://theupsstorelocal.com/4730/products--services/luggage-shipping/luggage-shipping

John

Last edited:

JDMRoma

I have noticed that SW is getting to be not such a great deal and can find flights cheaper even if I have to bring my skis. Found a flight for $201 to Denver and flights on SW were over 350.

Thats a good price to Denver, I couldnt find anything like that. Im heading out at Christmas so Im not getting Great deals but I have my dates that I cant change....oh well !! Im staying at One Steamboat Place for free so its all good :)

Edd

I have noticed that SW is getting to be not such a great deal and can find flights cheaper even if I have to bring my skis. Found a flight for $201 to Denver and flights on SW were over 350.

Is this out of Logan?

darent

UPS will ship for 80 or 90$ each way, I am shipping mine out for Christmas in Steamboat this year.
last year I did Southwest, not alot of Fun schlepping your skis through the airport !! Not flying Southwest this year so I would be paying for them anyway. I will be shipping early for sure, not taking the chance that they wont be there when I am !!!

http://theupsstorelocal.com/4730/products--services/luggage-shipping/luggage-shipping

John
UPS was over $100.00 each way from my house, baggage fee was for 3 pairs of skis to steamboat was $30.00 each way. I have a roller bag and it is nice not to have to slep skis but I can use the savings for skiing.

bruno1

Thats a good price to Denver, I couldnt find anything like that. Im heading out at Christmas so Im not getting Great deals but I have my dates that I cant change....oh well !! Im staying at One Steamboat Place for free so its all good :)

Wow!one steamboat, checked out that place a few years ago, place is unreal. How can I get that deal?

JDMRoma

Wow!one steamboat, checked out that place a few years ago, place is unreal. How can I get that deal?

Yes its an amazing place, Im lucky to have a family member who owns a condo there......its WAY out of my price range but its fun to pretend for a week !

drjeff

UPS was over $100.00 each way from my house, baggage fee was for 3 pairs of skis to steamboat was $30.00 each way. I have a roller bag and it is nice not to have to slep skis but I can use the savings for skiing.

Check FedEx Ground - it's usually about $60-70 when I ship my skis to/from Park City with 4 days travel time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

The link I sent was for the prices for Fedex - http://www.snowlink.com/ski/travelin...pyourgear.aspx

Via FedEx GROUND, not their Express Saver, that had Boston to Denver at just over $30.

When I've used them, I had 2 pairs of adult skis + 2 pairs of kids skis + 4 pairs of poles and a few lbs of sweat shirts for padding in my oversized 4-6 pair of skis ski bag that I have that I was charged more for than a standard ski bag. It has been a 4 day transit time via FedEx Ground where I shipped them from a FedEx store outside of Providence on a Monday AM and they have been delivered to the hotel we stay at in Park City that following Friday PM. On the return we usually ship from the Deer Valley base area (they actually offer FedEx shipping right from their ski check facilities!) on Friday PM and they're on my doorstep in CT the following Thursday PM.

If you've got the extra couple days FedEx Ground vs FedEx Express Saver is a GREAT deal!

JDMRoma

Are you flying into Denver and driving to Steamboat?
Im driving out with my Brother and taking a shuttle back on the following friday night, most likely Go Alpine like I did last year.

JDMRoma

Via FedEx GROUND, not their Express Saver, that had Boston to Denver at just over $30.

When I've used them, I had 2 pairs of adult skis + 2 pairs of kids skis + 4 pairs of poles and a few lbs of sweat shirts for padding in my oversized 4-6 pair of skis ski bag that I have that I was charged more for than a standard ski bag. It has been a 4 day transit time via FedEx Ground where I shipped them from a FedEx store outside of Providence on a Monday AM and they have been delivered to the hotel we stay at in Park City that following Friday PM. On the return we usually ship from the Deer Valley base area (they actually offer FedEx shipping right from their ski check facilities!) on Friday PM and they're on my doorstep in CT the following Thursday PM.

If you've got the extra couple days FedEx Ground vs FedEx Express Saver is a GREAT deal!

Guess I should get some price comparisons before I ship, im only sending one pair of skis.......wife and daughter may only ski one day but Im in it for the week..........Be doing the Ski you later folks :)