Re: shipping skis out west - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMRoma View Post
    UPS will ship for 80 or 90$ each way, I am shipping mine out for Christmas in Steamboat this year.
    last year I did Southwest, not alot of Fun schlepping your skis through the airport !! Not flying Southwest this year so I would be paying for them anyway. I will be shipping early for sure, not taking the chance that they wont be there when I am !!!

    http://theupsstorelocal.com/4730/pro...ggage-shipping

    John
    UPS was over $100.00 each way from my house, baggage fee was for 3 pairs of skis to steamboat was $30.00 each way. I have a roller bag and it is nice not to have to slep skis but I can use the savings for skiing.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMRoma View Post
    Thats a good price to Denver, I couldnt find anything like that. Im heading out at Christmas so Im not getting Great deals but I have my dates that I cant change....oh well !! Im staying at One Steamboat Place for free so its all good
    Wow!one steamboat, checked out that place a few years ago, place is unreal. How can I get that deal?


  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno1 View Post
    Wow!one steamboat, checked out that place a few years ago, place is unreal. How can I get that deal?
    Yes its an amazing place, Im lucky to have a family member who owns a condo there......its WAY out of my price range but its fun to pretend for a week !

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by darent View Post
    UPS was over $100.00 each way from my house, baggage fee was for 3 pairs of skis to steamboat was $30.00 each way. I have a roller bag and it is nice not to have to slep skis but I can use the savings for skiing.
    Check FedEx Ground - it's usually about $60-70 when I ship my skis to/from Park City with 4 days travel time

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

  5. #15
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,835
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Check FedEx Ground - it's usually about $60-70 when I ship my skis to/from Park City with 4 days travel time

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app
    The link I sent was for the prices for Fedex - http://www.snowlink.com/ski/travelin...pyourgear.aspx
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

  6. #16
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Is this out of Logan?
    Manchvegas
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    The link I sent was for the prices for Fedex - http://www.snowlink.com/ski/travelin...pyourgear.aspx
    Via FedEx GROUND, not their Express Saver, that had Boston to Denver at just over $30.

    When I've used them, I had 2 pairs of adult skis + 2 pairs of kids skis + 4 pairs of poles and a few lbs of sweat shirts for padding in my oversized 4-6 pair of skis ski bag that I have that I was charged more for than a standard ski bag. It has been a 4 day transit time via FedEx Ground where I shipped them from a FedEx store outside of Providence on a Monday AM and they have been delivered to the hotel we stay at in Park City that following Friday PM. On the return we usually ship from the Deer Valley base area (they actually offer FedEx shipping right from their ski check facilities!) on Friday PM and they're on my doorstep in CT the following Thursday PM.

    If you've got the extra couple days FedEx Ground vs FedEx Express Saver is a GREAT deal!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

  8. #18
    RENO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMRoma View Post
    Yes its an amazing place, Im lucky to have a family member who owns a condo there......its WAY out of my price range but its fun to pretend for a week !
    Are you flying into Denver and driving to Steamboat?

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RENO View Post
    Are you flying into Denver and driving to Steamboat?
    Im driving out with my Brother and taking a shuttle back on the following friday night, most likely Go Alpine like I did last year.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Via FedEx GROUND, not their Express Saver, that had Boston to Denver at just over $30.

    When I've used them, I had 2 pairs of adult skis + 2 pairs of kids skis + 4 pairs of poles and a few lbs of sweat shirts for padding in my oversized 4-6 pair of skis ski bag that I have that I was charged more for than a standard ski bag. It has been a 4 day transit time via FedEx Ground where I shipped them from a FedEx store outside of Providence on a Monday AM and they have been delivered to the hotel we stay at in Park City that following Friday PM. On the return we usually ship from the Deer Valley base area (they actually offer FedEx shipping right from their ski check facilities!) on Friday PM and they're on my doorstep in CT the following Thursday PM.

    If you've got the extra couple days FedEx Ground vs FedEx Express Saver is a GREAT deal!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app
    Guess I should get some price comparisons before I ship, im only sending one pair of skis.......wife and daughter may only ski one day but Im in it for the week..........Be doing the Ski you later folks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:23 AM.