• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Mogul Plan

WoodCore

Sundown just called......... No moguls this year. :argue:

Domeskier

I hope the plan is to move the lower angle bump course back to Exhibition. I'm not a big fan of navigating the terrain park to get to the top of the Stinger course or cutting across from Exhibition and either skipping the top 1/4 or hiking up to hit it. Alternately, they could go back to seeding Nor'Easter or the top of Gunbarrel early in the season.

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
Getting Nor'Easter back would be great! I also agree about having the lower angle bumps on the other side of exhibition. I wouldn't expect much to change in the bump plan for this year though.

powhunter

Yea hope to get Noreaster early..Last year the warm weather screwed us...Hope Chris or Jarrod could chime in on this.

gmcunni

somebody needs to pop a cap in the head of that old guy who won't sell his property...

* i don't really condone violence.

Madroch

Need nor'easter or temptor- ex alone does not cut it....

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
There's gonna be bumps around... but we gotta wait on weather. bumps'll definitely end up on Exhibition below stinger as we're doing our King of the Mountain comp again this January.

the other side of exhibition may be more convenient, but it pinches the lower angle aspect of the trail which is essential for our newer skiers and riders coming from Tom's. The stinger side of the trail also has a lot more consistency in sun which allows for conditions to remain more predictable. plus, i like them there.

cant seed gunny before racing ends...

finally decided to make a new login name.

jack97

stinger, skier's right was a great spot. Kinda missed them last season.

Madroch

Jarrod- understanding that weather is a factor- is there a plan to seed nor'easter or temptor in addition to lower ex if the weather cooperates? I know the weather has been tough last couple of early seasons- but bumps are a big factor in our season pass decisions every year...

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
it'll be Nor' Easter. once a base is established and realizing that when they turn to odd mounds resembling a frozen Volkswagen with no natural hope of recovering, we'll start again. No one wants a terrible experience. If the bumps need to be, they will be mowed and reseeded at the next logical weather pattern. Make sense?

Temptor, while having a great final pitch, wasn't a great bump trail. The upper steep is short and turns with an annoying flat that always goes to crap. The final steep is good for 14 turns before it too flattens out. Nor Easter, has better light for longevity in regards to snow surface, is at least a consistent pitch, and offers a longer run when extended from the sun deck.

jack97

it'll be Nor' Easter. once a base is established and realizing that when they turn to odd mounds resembling a frozen Volkswagen with no natural hope of recovering, we'll start again. No one wants a terrible experience. If the bumps need to be, they will be mowed and reseeded at the next logical weather pattern. Make sense?

Temptor, while having a great final pitch, wasn't a great bump trail. The upper steep is short and turns with an annoying flat that always goes to crap. The final steep is good for 14 turns before it too flattens out. Nor Easter, has better light for longevity in regards to snow surface, is at least a consistent pitch, and offers a longer run when extended from the sun deck.

Sounds tempting enuf to me, might try the midweek 12 pack.

bvibert

Staff member

I agree with this completely. Temptor was good in theory, but never really worked out that well.