• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Red Sox playoff thread.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
fp7aer.gif

:p :lol: :lol: Who is the last guy that doesn't put his hand up and gets slapped anyway?

Tin

Starting Gomes over Nava in left tonight...Not sure I like this. Awesome to have Napoli's bat back in the order though.

soposkier

Starting Gomes over Nava in left tonight...Not sure I like this. Awesome to have Napoli's bat back in the order though.

It's an interesting decision, but even though Wacha is a righty, he is better against batters from the left. I guess Farrell would rather have Gomes as the right handed bat. Not sure I like it either, especially with Gomes defense being very questionable at times.

Geoff

I agree with benching Salty. His defense has sucked. St Louis never runs and they're running against him. His crap throw to Middlebrooks on that interference call cost them a game. His miss of a Gomes throw to home that resulted in Breslow throwing the ball into the stands was also costly. He refuses to shorten up his swing against those 99 mph fastballs and has been an easy out at the plate. Ross is a much better defensive catcher and he has somewhat better shot at catching up with a fastball.

Gomes can't hit a curveball off a RHP. He is iffy defensively. I always question putting him in the lineup but the guy seems to come through often enough in the clutch and Wacha doesn't have much of a breaking ball.

I think the Red Sox will hit better off Wacha the 2nd time around. It all hinges on Lackey. Does he complete the transformation from beer and bucket o' fried chicken goat to Pedro/Schilling hero status? I don't want all the marbles to depend on Jake Peavey in a game 7.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I agree with benching Salty. His defense has sucked. St Louis never runs and they're running against him. His crap throw to Middlebrooks on that interference call cost them a game. His miss of a Gomes throw to home that resulted in Breslow throwing the ball into the stands was also costly. He refuses to shorten up his swing against those 99 mph fastballs and has been an easy out at the plate. Ross is a much better defensive catcher and he has somewhat better shot at catching up with a fastball.

Gomes can't hit a curveball off a RHP. He is iffy defensively. I always question putting him in the lineup but the guy seems to come through often enough in the clutch and Wacha doesn't have much of a breaking ball.

I think the Red Sox will hit better off Wacha the 2nd time around. It all hinges on Lackey. Does he complete the transformation from beer and bucket o' fried chicken goat to Pedro/Schilling hero status? I don't want all the marbles to depend on Jake Peavey in a game 7.

+ 1.

skiNEwhere

They haven't announced it yet, but I'm sure Ortiz will be World Series MVP without a shadow of a doubt

thetrailboss

Staff member
RED SOX WIN!!!!!!

ORTIZ IS MVP!!!!!

(I thought that they might do co-MVP with him and Lester)