• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Red Sox playoff thread.

wa-loaf

This is for Trekchick ... Detroit, just another bump on the way to the world series or a real challenge?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Is there even anyone left in Detroit to cheer for them?

And love that the Sox are in the ALCS. Hate the fact that I have to suffer through Fox and Joe Buck covering the games.

thetrailboss

Staff member
They cheer remotely.

Yeah. Exactly. I don't think they have any police left in Detroit. I heard on NPR that there are some parts of Detroit that take police like 45 minutes to respond to a call. It is really sad actually...supposedly the most powerful and wealthy country in the world and we have a city go bankrupt.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I don't like Joe Buck, but his comment about the Boston batters swinging at balls that were not strikes (but that they thought would be) was a good observation.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Let me introduce you to my friend, Max :wink:

He had a good ad.

original.

;)

:lol:

thetrailboss

Staff member
We have a series. It will be a battle between starting pitchers on both sides. The Red Sox bullpen was overshadowed by the dearth of offense--they kept Game I very close and, except for Bucholz's breakdown, kept Game II equally close.