• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak Lawsuit

Snowlover

And nobody else is on the trail

If you have proper line of sight as well. Some trails have blindspots around turns over bends when you're going 60mph.
If nobody is in front of you. If you have proper line of sight and there no intersecting trails. A lot of mountains have cross trails. So there aren't a lot of trails that allow all those variables to allow you to do that on a public trail.

AdironRider

Going 60mph is never safe on an open public trail even if it's an "experts only double black diamond". Even the best skier could run into someone. Plus you've no netting to stop you from going into the tree's. There's no reaction time if someone happens to be in front of you around a turn. 60mph is average super g racing speed(yes I know they can go faster in sections). If you want to ski that fast go join a race league and you can ski as fast as you want. You can take all the risks you want as long you don't put OTHERS at risk.

You need to take up another hobby if this is your stance.

Snowlover

You need to take up another hobby if this is your stance.
It's not just my stance. You ever seen someone crash going 60mph in the super G?(and these are the best skier's in the world and they still crash) Their dead without the netting. And what if they run into someone on the trail? The general public is using these trails. Again, if you want to ski that fast become a ski racer and stop pretending. It's sort of like going 100mph in a car like paul walker. Get on a race track and don't put other people at risk. Going 60mph on ski's is more than just skiing fast. It's absolutely flying. Any inconsistencies in the terrain/mistakes will be magnified 10 fold.

Doing super g type speeds on a public non closed ski area is completely irresponsible. And most of the time the people doing something that stupid are intermediates who think they are a lot better than they are. They usually like to post on online forums to talk about how "core" they are and how they push limits. They usually end up in a hospital eventually.

AdironRider

It's not just my stance. You ever seen someone crash going 60mph in the super G?(and these are the best skier's in the world and they still crash) Their dead without the netting. And what if they run into someone on the trail? The general public is using these trails. Again, if you want to ski that fast become a ski racer and stop pretending. It's sort of like going 100mph in a car like paul walker. Get on a race track and don't put other people at risk. Going 60mph on ski's is more than just skiing fast. It's absolutely flying. Any inconsistencies in the terrain/mistakes will be magnified 10 fold.

Doing super g type speeds on a public non closed ski area is completely irresponsible. And most of the time the people doing something that stupid are intermediates who think they are a lot better than they are. They usually like to post on online forums to talk about how "core" they are and how they push limits. They usually end up in a hospital eventually.

Again, take up another hobby, may I suggest bowling, but only candlepin with the bumpers.

Snowlover

Again, take up another hobby, may I suggest bowling, but only candlepin with the bumpers.

Is this what you tell the 98% of people who go to any ski mountain? Because they all ski less than 60mph and a lot of them have kids. I don't think they'd appreciate being run into by someone doing that type of speed. And the biggest idiots tend to bomb blue trails. That's something I've also noticed.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I ski as fast as I can go and I try to time the blind rolls just right so that I can just jump over anyone below them. Black Green Blue, it doesn't matter. :stirpot:
Of course tunaspeed is the only speed!