Lift Holds at Pico

AlpineZone

Lift Holds at Pico

What's Pico's track record been for liftholds? Do they have many detachable lifts?

Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

They have two and I've rarely seen their summit detachable on hold.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Bill don't go to Pico if there is any type of wind forecasted. The summit quad is often closed due to wind & without it there isn't much to ski at Pico. Now if they still had the summit poma it would be a different story but they don't. Pico is my local hill & I've been skiing there for decades so I should know.

If you're in the area go to K. The Snowdon quad & K-1 gondola are fairly reliable. From the looks of their webcams they already picked up quite a bit of snow. Have fun.

Trust the local and they just shut.down Canyon Quad. The poma is a great trail lol
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

I should add that if the summit chair is running & Pico gets a lot of pow pow it's one of the better places to be. Fresh tracks could last all day.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    I should add that if the summit chair is running & Pico gets a lot of pow pow it's one of the better places to be. Fresh tracks could last all day.
    +1 PRO TIP right there
    Days on Snow 2015: 6 Days
    K-Town, Ski Sundown
    Past Seasons: 2010 84 days, 2011 85 Days, 2012 75 Days, 2013 78 Days, 2014 74 Days

SKI SUNDOWN JUNKIE

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    That's when you almost want outpost to be closed. Fresh tracks all day at Outpost due to having to traverse over.

Thread Information