• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boys ski weekend

twinplanx

Bolton is on my radar, but without a true touring setup I'm hesitant. I do not get to ski enough to explore everything NVT gas to offer... :-(

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Quietman

We were using regular alpine gear, and there is a lot of lift serviced woods to explore, more than what is on the trail map.

We did wander pretty far off to the west of the Wilderness lift and only hit the cutoff back to the bottom of the lift by accident, but my younger brother missed it. We waited for 30 minutes before seeing him slogging through the snow after a 20 minute hike back up to the lift.

steamboat1

We have two boy's ski weekends every year. Been doing it for close to 20 years. Same thing we're usually a group of 6-8 but have had as many as 20. The first one this year is already set for Dec. 6-7.

Can't help you with a place to stay as we have our own place.

twinplanx

We have two boy's ski weekends every year. Been doing it for close to 20 years. Same thing we're usually a group of 6-8 but have had as many as 20. The first one this year is already set for Dec. 6-7.

Can't help you with a place to stay as we have our own place.

I would love to get together with this group more often. But with all the combined obligations the logistics of just one weekend gets to be a lot of work... Years ago we rented a big place just off the Killington access road. I think we had about 20 people + turntables lol That was a mixed group of skiers/nonskiers united to party :) Our focus(and our money) is on the skiing these days.

steamboat1

I would love to get together with this group more often. But with all the combined obligations the logistics of just one weekend gets to be a lot of work... Years ago we rented a big place just off the Killington access road. I think we had about 20 people + turntables lol That was a mixed group of skiers/nonskiers united to party :) Our focus(and our money) is on the skiing these days.

We try to get to the mountain by the crack of noon. Don't always make it.

twinplanx

So, the holiday madness has settled down and it's time to seriously get planning for this trip. It's too bad winter seems to have taken a hiatus of its own. But looks like we will be aiming for the last weekend in February or the first weekend in March to do this and that gives winter plenty of time to get its act together. Anyone have some good leads on lodging for either of these weekends? I know I have asked before, so thank you for your earlier responses, but now that we have a better idea of when I figured why not ask again. I believe the consensus will be to ski Sugarbush but anywhere in Northern VT is fair game. With the way this winter has gone so far I wouldn't rule anything out... I say we should go where the snow falls, but I may be outnumbered. Watch this space, fell free to join us once we work out the details.

twinplanx

OK we seem to have a handle on the lodging. I've been perusing liftopia lately for deals at Sugarbush. I only saw one package and that was no good. Has Sugarbush dialed back on liftopia by offering there own Internet only price, or is there some place else to purchase discounted Lift Tickets?

ScottySkis

OK we seem to have a handle on the lodging. I've been perusing liftopia lately for deals at Sugarbush. I only saw one package and that was no good. Has Sugarbush dialed back on liftopia by offering there own Internet only price, or is there some place else to purchase discounted Lift Tickets?

Vermont Travel Card 51$ to go get some Bush any day but Saturday. You can use it at lot of other Vermont hills to

steamboat1

Our 1st boy's weekend this year (Dec 6-7) was a lot of fun as always. We skied K with 2 fer coupons. "Da Boyz" actually got to the mountain before 10am this year, must be a new record. Our 2nd one is planned for April 11-12 but I think we might push it back 2 weeks to the week after Easter, at least I'd like to. There were 8 of us in attendance for the 1st one this year with a couple of guys backing out at the last minute. The tradition continues.

twinplanx

Although our "group" has progressively gotten smaller we will be on the mountain this weekend. If any other AZers will be up there, check in here. Hope to see you there :)

twinplanx

Are you at Sugarbush this weekend?

We will be heading up Friday. My nephew may be joining us & he will need lessons. So the annual tour may not be possible, but we should be able to meet up for a few runs :)