• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boy Scouts destroy Goblin Rock Formation

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

skiNEwhere

A felony, and little chance to get a good job later in life for pushing a rock over? Give me a break. Was this stupid as hell? Yes, but this was about as victimless of a "crime" as you can get. I'd like to see them try to explain this crime in prison.

The highest level they should be held accountable is to the boy scouts, and maybe have to pick up trash in the park

Like Nick said in another post, when people get wrapped up in a case, logic can get thrown out the window, and it looks like that is what happening here.

I'll have little faith in the justice system if they actually got charged with a felony. Hope I'm not stirring the pot too much here, rant over

Edd

A felony, and little chance to get a good job later in life for pushing a rock over? Give me a break. Was this stupid as hell? Yes, but this was about as victimless of a "crime" as you can get. I'd like to see them try to explain this crime in prison.

The highest level they should be held accountable is to the boy scouts, and maybe have to pick up trash in the park

Like Nick said in another post, when people get wrapped up in a case, logic can get thrown out the window, and it looks like that is what happening here.

I'll have little faith in the justice system if they actually got charged with a felony. Hope I'm not stirring the pot too much here, rant over

I agree with you regarding the felony but this is offensively stupid. There's gotta be a legal disincentive; perhaps a heavy fine.

Trekchick

So the guy who pushed the rock over is suing someone for disability due to a car accident ...

http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_7578.shtml

I think that case is about to be tossed out. :uzi:

I was a bit tied up so didn't look at your link until after I posted. Now that I see the news story and his response to the reporter.......wow!
This guy has lowered the bar for low lifes.
I'm wondering if his buddy Dave "Executive Director at LegalShield" Hall is his legal counsel.
This profile page of Dave Hall was posted on a story about this.
https://www.facebook.com/ppldave?fref=ts

Notice his job:
Executive Director Legal Shield
Wonder if he's got "affordable" legal counsel :)

thetrailboss

Staff member
"Your honor, I'd like to show the Jury what we've marked as exhibit one showing the Plaintiff in his finest YouTube moment."

"How's it relevant? It shows just how 'injured' he was."

twinplanx

I agree with you regarding the felony but this is offensively stupid. There's gotta be a legal disincentive; perhaps a heavy fine.

Screw these guys. They should not be allowed to procreate. The gene pool is filled with idiots like this and the world is overpopulated. I think castration would be fair.

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Cannonball

Disagree. This was not a victim-less crime. Whether or not you care about the geologic history of that rock is irrelevant. That rock formation and the others around it are the attraction of the Goblin Valley State Park. The Park brings tourists and their money into the area creating an economic stimulus. Destroying the attractions has an impact on the appeal of the park and the economy of the area. This happened during a gov shutdown when national parks were closed and State Parks like Goblin Valley were picking up the slack for tourism dollars all over the country. That's the 'crime' part of the story and they still need to face that. The destroying of something cool is the stupidity part of the story. These fat-ass nimrods are already playing out that part of their sentence in the court of public opinion.