• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cold is coming so K and Sunday River can start making snow

ScottySkis

I think both hills will be able to open for this upcoming weekend here is K weather forecast for next several days http://www.snowforecast.com/resorts...aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Long Range Forecast Discussion: -26 to 31 October, 2013 - We expect mostly high pressure ridging over the western US (mild and mostly sunny in most places), through the rest of October (possibly broken up by potential snow in the Rocky Mountains, however). The east coast, Upper Midwest and Great Lakes will see more storms and colder weather during this time as the low pressure trough axis shifts east, with some amazingly cold air (possible near zero Fahrenheit at 5,000 feet later this month in some of the colder blasts) and early snow storms expected. If the west coast ridge retrogrades at all, we may see some of the eastern US cold and snow affecting the Rocky Mountains, but the dominant feature through the rest of October is high pressure (no storms) for the west, and unseasonably cold low pressure for the east. We expect that many New England resorts will see their first significant snowfalls (yes, more than 1), and some of the coldest air seen in October (temperature records will fall, possibly some long standing ones). In early November (possibly right after Halloween) we should return to a more busy (possible snow and cold) weather pattern across the western US as a low pressure trough starts to develop across the east Pacific-Western US, with less action and moderating temperatures for the east. CM:snow:

ScottySkis

1385336_591013804279215_621226315_n.jpg

ScottySkis

I hope K can open a few trails by this Sunday I am really thinking about going up if they can do it.

ScottySkis

So less then 24 hours and both hills should be making snow can't wait to be skiing skis everything ready to go first time I have my stuff ready this early in many years and if I need to sleep in my car with my luxury sheets and a great sleeping bag I will because I want to ski that badly and I love this addiction. :)

Puck it

From the K insider:

Monday, October 21, 2013
4:57 p.m. 10/21/13-- What’s that sound? Still cheers from the Red Sox victory? Never mind, that’s the sweet, sweet sound of KILLINGTON SNOWMAKERS doing what they do best.

That’s right, the snow guns are locked and loaded! We’ll be making snow whenever Ma Nature permits – that means we’re building our season’s base, starting with any and every open window of low temps this week.

We know you’d like to hear about that magic Opening Day, and we’ll let you know as soon as we do – expect a weekend outlook on Thursday.

In the meantime, get your gear tuned. It’s game time.

Riverskier

Looking marginal at best for Sunday River this weekend, but I have my fingers crossed, and I know they will go for it as soon as they can!