Sleeping in cars at a ski area

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sleeping in cars at a ski area

So in another thread we started talking about sleeping in cars, I thought it deserved its own thread. Is this safe? have you done it? Do ski areas allow it? I do not think I am at that point, but if it meant being able to ski more, I would love to try.

This has definitely come up before and I know we have several car sleepers on the board

I've done it at the beach in the summer. I would think it would suck in the winter.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

slept in the lots at killington a few times. mid-winter can be a little rough though.

not sure it is allowed but the plow crew has always been cool. They usually just knock on the window in the morning and we get out of the way.

I have slept in a lot at Mt Snow before and also Wildcat. That was 20 years ago. At Mt Snow I was awoken by the beeping of the plows backing up. I moved at that point. Never had an issue.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by skifree View Post
    slept in the lots at killington a few times. mid-winter can be a little rough though.

not sure it is allowed but the plow crew has always been cool. They usually just knock on the window in the morning and we get out of the way.
    Cool, I would like to do it, I would just need a really good sleeping bag. I can see it being very doable early and late season.

In the past when I had a season pass at Killington when it was above 20 degrees at night I would sleep in Walmart parking lot in Rutland which was great because also had stop and shop in same parking lot both stayed open 24 hours and always bought breakfast at Stop and Shop, I research a lot and found out Walmart is okay with it, they never complained or called police. Drinking and Mary Jane help me fall a sleep.

Last year was first time I tried again since Killington days years ago and it was one of the coldest nights on record last year at Gore I tried it was like .- 20 degree farenite it was to cold and I didn't have a very good sleeping bag, I didn't sleep. This year I am buying a 0 degree sleeping bag at Dicks and if it doesn't work I return it, but I hope it does.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Find a cheap Hotel/Motel guys!!!

Ironically, I purchased a sleeping bag for this very purpose. I have used it a K. & Jay. At K. they just plowed around us. Jay was a considerably colder night that required multiple heat sessions, this before gas went to 4$ a gallon... But we did have a killer breakfast at Hotel Jay & were able to gear up in the bathroom Either way not the most restful of nights

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk
    Life's to short for warm-up runs
    All skis are rock skis

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    Find a cheap Hotel/Motel guys!!!
    It's all about the first tracks and you can't be core sleeping in a cheap motel

I slept in the back of my old Explorer many, many times, but never during winter. I had an air mattress that I through in the back and it was actually pretty comfortable. If I had a similar set up with a really solid sleeping bag, maybe I'd consider it again.

Thread Information