• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guns are on at K!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sunday River:

current.jpg

Huck_It_Baby

Seeing it is only Rime and what they did last year. My bet is that only Season Pass and Express Cards will be allowed. if the case then I am in.

But if it is a general then I will wait for next week, unless they open Fri. then I am there.

So for me, it depends.

I got an early day in at K last season but they had top to bottom skiing and were open to the public. I think I'll wait for the same this year.

ScottySkis

I might go this Sunday depends on how much is open, I am thinking if waiting to end of October because a lot more can be opened up by then , way to go K.:):thumbup::):rolleyes:

Tin

From the mountain cam they have now started firing on Great Northern(?).

Last edited:

dlague

I'll wait until I don't have to walk. Damn I can not get the cam to work on my PC.

Same here - primarily since we will be in CT for our son who is trying out for a Lacrosse team. I have walked those steps and cat walks and it is easier to wait a week and have top to bottom! Last year we waited too! However if it were to dump like it did two years ago around Halloween then I would consider it and poach the trails to the bottom!

yeggous

Given that they are both open, I'd rather ski Sunday River. That hike up the Killington stairs at the end of the day really sucks when you're wearing ski boots.

The other consideration is where I can ski without having the guns blowing on me all day. You get really, really wet skiing under the guns. At least at Sunday River you can step into the lodge to dry off and use the restrooms.