• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vermont Backcountry Ski Forum Scheduled for November 14th To Promote BC Skiing

AlpineZone News

Skiing News
Website
www.alpinezone.com
NOVEMBER 14, 2013 6:00 – 9:00PM PEIRCE HALL COMMUNITY CENTER ROCHESTER, VERMONT Rochester Area Sports Trail Alliance (RASTA), a fledgling organization whose mission is to provide safe and sustainable non-motorized multiple use trails for the enjoyment of area residents and visitors”, has begun to explore ways to develop opportunities for backcountry (BC) glade/tree skiing on... Read the full review »

[h=3]Related posts:[/h]
  1. Upcoming Slideshow and Fundraiser to Benefit Bolton Valley Skiing Backcountry on November 7th
  2. Cabot Creamery and Vermont Mountain Bike Association Promote Sustainability
  3. Ski Vermont Partners with Cloudveil to Promote Active Winter Lifestyles

More...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Anyone heard about this? Sounds pretty good. The facebook page was mentioning some blowback by "publicizing" backcountry ski locations and making it more "mainstream". Not sure if I agree that's a risk or not but it sounds interesting.

watkin

I have seen it posted a couple times on FB. BC numbers are definitely growing, so even if there is not a risk at the moment, the discussion will eventually need to be had. In any event I'm glad to see a new group in the mix. Hopefully they will publish the discussions. Could be interesting.