Snow Report- Mt. Mansfield - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    Just a couple of things on the lift ticket prices. Yes, Stowe is definitely the most expensive on the east costs. However, if you buy a Vermont Travel Club card (I think I paid $40 for it), you get up to $27 off a regular ticket price. Also, purchasing online can save you some money off the regular window ticket price ($98 compared to &84). Not sure if they will do this again this year, but last year the week after president week was on $54 per day (using your E-card, purchased online). I never heard of the club discount appreciation days, but what a great deal. Now I just need to find a local club in southeastern PA to join. Anyone a member of club down here, let me know. Thanks
    http://www.easternpaskicouncil.org/

We go once a year, since we have family up there. Last time I paid online for one day but was given a comp ticket for the second day. That made it quite a bit more palatable. I've also used a Vermont Travel Club card.

I'm not impressed with the Vermont Travel Club Card. As was posted on the Skiing on the Cheap sticky, if you join a ski club affiliated with the Connecticut Ski Club Council, you get some uber low rates, only problem is zero flexibility. http://www.skiclub.com/documents/AW%202014,%20Final.pdf

Sent on my new, 2 year old, DROID X2 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Last edited by Cornhead; Oct 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM.
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    I'm not impressed with the Vermont Travel Club Card. As was posted on the Skiing on the Cheap sticky, if you join a ski club affiliated with the Connecticut Ski Club Council, you get some uber low rates, only problem is zero flexibility. http://www.skiclub.com/documents/AW%202014,%20Final.pdf

51$ to ski Sugarbush on Sunday, Stowe for 46 Jay in 50s Mountainsnow 35% off regular rate I be happy to use it.

CSC club is the way to go. The club days are super cheap and if you don't want to go to that mountain on that day, a few resorts give members group rate anytime. Mount Snow for instance. Plus if you get in on the beginning of the season you can buy tickets at bulk rate. Usually in the $45 to $55 range. Our club is $30 for the entire family. Pays for itself in one visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    51$ to ski Sugarbush on Sunday, Stowe for 46 Jay in 50s Mountainsnow 35% off regular rate I be happy to use it.
    Hey, don't take it personally, enjoy your discounts, I just think there are better deals out there. The $46 Stowe is early/late season, $71 mid season, which is a lot better than $98 window, $84 online, I guess.

Leave no turn unstoned!

Sugarbush Quad Pack

image.jpg
    Hey, don't take it personally, enjoy your discounts, I just think there are better deals out there. The $46 Stowe is early/late season, $71 mid season, which is a lot better than $98 window, $84 online, I guess.

All off these deals have their pros and cons. I usually purchase a Sugarbush Season Pass but will not be doing so this season, so the combination of the Vermont Travel Club and two Sugarbush Quad Packs has me covered for 8 Saturdays/Holidays @ $50 each and any non holiday Sunday-Friday for $51. This works for me this season.
    Stan

As was posted on the Skiing on the Cheap sticky, if you join a ski club affiliated with the Connecticut Ski Club Council, you get some uber low rates, only problem is zero flexibility. http://www.skiclub.com/documents/AW%202014,%20Final.pdf

Same rates apply for NY, NJ, PA & probably all clubs belonging to a northeastern ski council. It's not exclusive to CT. & neither are the bulk rate tickets.

Pay a few bucks more & join a club with a centrally located lodge, you'll save even more.

Holy off topic, you're right gostan, pluses and minuses for all deals. Huck_It_ Baby, if the stars align and Stowe gets snow during their appreciation days, and you can go then, I'd love to take you up on the offer you made me at Sugarbush last Spring. I'd be grateful for some local knowledge. And you, my friend, are one knowledgeable dude! Kudos to all your pre season recon missions, thanks for sharing.

Leave no turn unstoned!

Thread Information