North Shore MA Ski Shops?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

North Shore MA Ski Shops?

Just moved to the North Shore and am looking for a new ski shop. Previously I used Ski Stop in Canton/Westwood and I was very happy with their service (awesome boot fitters), but it is way too far from my new location. Live along 1/1A closer to the NH seacoast than to Boston so looking for somewhere good in that area of MA or Southern NH if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks.

I had a good experience last year with Sun and Ski in Woburn. They set me up on some demo Line Sir Francis Bacon's that I tested during the blizzard last year. Dick Stillson is the manager, I think. He used to run Snow Wizards which I think was up near Magic Mountain.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

I know a lot of people who shop at Putnams' in Portsmouth. In the past I've gone to Buchika's in Salem.

If you're willing to make the drive to Nashua, Proctor's is by far the best around on prices. The owner, Jeff, is always willing to negotiate and cut a deal.
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Quote Originally Posted by timm View Post
    Just moved to the North Shore and am looking for a new ski shop. Previously I used Ski Stop in Canton/Westwood and I was very happy with their service (awesome boot fitters), but it is way too far from my new location. Live along 1/1A closer to the NH seacoast than to Boston so looking for somewhere good in that area of MA or Southern NH if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks.
    Ski Haus in Burlington or Salem. Ask for Steve and tell him I sent you. Call ahead and find out which store is at though.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Ski Haus in Burlington or Salem. Ask for Steve and tell him I sent you. Call ahead and find out which store is at though.
    Should we say Puck It sent him?
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Should we say Puck It sent him?
    He should remember it. He has posted on here before when I told him some woman was slamming his store.
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Thanks guys. Planning on stopping by all suggestions to check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    You recommended the Burlington store for boots before...who is their bootfitter? I work right down the street and I could (unfortunately) use some work to help snug up my boots.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    You recommended the Burlington store for boots before...who is their bootfitter? I work right down the street and I could (unfortunately) use some work to help snug up my boots.
    Steve is the owner and does the fittings. Call ahead and make sure he is there first. Tell him Jamie sent you.

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Most the staff at Ski Haus in Burlington does not know their ass from their elbows. They hire a bunch of kids, presumably for cheap wages.

I have, however, run into one guy there who knows his stuff. He did a great job on a boot fit.
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Thread Information